Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Musings - Home and exhausted

Hi all,
My Monday musings will be short and sweet as I just got back from dance camp and am wiped out.
I brought my camera, but kept forgetting to bring it to the workshops and parties. Oy! Camp was wonderful, even though I couldn't dance as much as I would have liked. Just kept telling myself that after I get my new knee this fall, I'll be able to dance all I want next year.

Hope you are all well here in bloggydom and I'll catch you all later.
Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome home!
Just think, next year you'll be dancing up a storm with that new knee.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hi Karen! Good to hear you are home now. Next year you'll be the dancing queen.

L.G. Smith said...

You're getting your knee replaced? That's awesome. They won't be able to keep you off the dance floor. :)

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Alex and Diane, that's definitely the plan.
L.G., yup, decided it's finally time to get it done so I can do more of what I love before I can't do what I love cause I'm too darn old!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Glad camp went well! But know you're glad to be home, too.

I hear really great things about knee replacement these days! I think you'll feel brand new afterwards. :)

Manzanita said...

You are back. I remember dance camps.... loved them.... but were not the folk dance ones. I was always exhausted when I returned but still living the excitement.

Julie Flanders said...

Glad you had such a nice time! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. new knee too - boy you're going to be having a busy autumn.

So pleased the camp was fun though - that's what matters isn't it ..

Good emailing you today .. and catching up a little ...

Cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Elizabeth, yes, I have much confidence in the surgery and my surgeon in particular
Manzanita, yes, once the excitement is gone and exhaustion sets in - and I didn't even dance that much!
Julie, thanks
Yes, I liked emailing as well. Thanks for the info

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a good time! (We all knew you would...)

Carol Kilgore said...

I know you had a great time, even if you wanted to dance more. Rest up :)

Tracy Moore said...

That sounds like so much fun! Glad you made a decision about the knee Karen.

Patricia Stoltey said...

I'm seriously thinking about getting a new knee too, Karen. I have one that's seriously cramping my style.