Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Musings: Yippee - DRAFT TWO COMPLETED

I am so jazzed. I finished my first run-through of the manuscript and incorporated all my edits into Draft   number 3. Today, I will print it out so that I can begin going even deeper into the story to see what more is needed and what needs to come out. I have to say this out loud to folks who will understand what I am saying. I love this story so much and sometimes I can't believe it actually came out of me.
I am not the judge of whether it's any good. Editors and readers will do that. I just feel really good about what is here so far. Thank you all for the support and encouragement you've given me over the past few years as I agonized over this manuscript. You rock!

Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome, Karen! You plunged forward and did it.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Karen this is great and exciting news. I am super happy for you :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's good to hear, Karen!

Jemi Fraser said...

Woohoo!!! Happy dancing for you! That's such a good feeling :) Congrats!

L.G. Smith said...

Yay!! Now you're at the really fun part, at least for me. I love revising. :))

Karen Walker said...

I love all of you guys! Thanks so much. Knew you'd "get it."

Julie Flanders said...

Oh, how exciting!!! Woo-hoo, congratulations!

It's great to read that you feel so good about it. Your enthusiasm is contagious. :)

Arlee Bird said...

Great news! You will succeed with this!

Lee
Tossing It Out

Robin said...

That is exciting. I have read so many posts about writers struggling with the editing process. You, instead, are embracing it! It's refreshing.

Congrats on finishing that second round of editing and I hope the third turns out better than you expect!

Tracy Jo said...

Whooooo-hoooooo! That is awesome! I am envious, I need to get back to mine. Your post was inspiring. :-)

Karen Walker said...

Had many appointments today so could not respond individually, but I so appreciate each and every one of these comments. Thank you!

Jack said...

If you love the story then it is very likely readers will too. The first step in writing is to write something you love. The readers will hate it if it were a story you couldn't stand and forced yourself to write.

Cheers for getting the third draft done!!! That is exciting!!!