Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Home again - safe and sound!

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for the lovely comments while I was away. I am still very jet lagged, so probably won't post till Monday. I will leave you with this photo, which sort of explains why I am having a hard time transitioning back from vacation to regular life.
Blessings to all,
Karen

18 comments:

Julie Flanders said...

Oh wow, must have been an amazing trip! Looking forward to hearing about it. :)

Stephanie Faris said...

Wow. Now that IS a vacation! Hope you were safely inside a vehicle when you took this picture!

Karen Walker said...

Julie, trip was magical
Stephanie, yes, in an open jeep - not too far from these magnificent creatures - thankfully, they seemed oblivious to us

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome back, Karen!! I bet you saw a lot of cool wildlife.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Know how you feel, I still think about the time I lived there. Would love to return.

Suze said...

Hey, pretty girl! Welcome back! Can't wait to 'hear' more.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, we sure did and you'll get to see lots when I get my act together.
Carole Anne, oh how I understand.
Suze, thanks, sweetie, how's by you?

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Wow! Looks like South Africa/Namibia-- is that where you went? I can't wait to hear aobut it!

Karen Walker said...

Yes, Karen, South Africa and Zambia. This was in Sabi Sands Reserve in South Africa.

Sylvia Ney said...

So glad you enjoyed the adventure and made it back safe!

Arlee Bird said...

Great photo. I understand how it is to get back to routine of blogging and just being back home. I'm still recovering for my summer adventures.

Lee
A Faraway View

Sharon Lippincott said...

You saw the lions we hoped to see. We saw a couple of cubs. Beautiful picture!

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

Welcome home, Karen! Hope the trip was everything you hoped it would be, and more!

Siv Ottem said...

Welcome back home safe and sound. Did you get to pet the pretty kitty's? I can't wait to see some more pictures!

Karen Walker said...

Sylvia, me, too. Totally jet-lagged, but safe.
Arlee, this aging business is tough, isn't it?
Sharon, thanks, we were so grateful to see these magnificent creatures
Paul, thanks - it was!
Siv, yes, we did - I'll talk about that, promise.

Suzanne Furness said...

Welcome home, glad you had a good trip.

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome!!! I'd love to do a photo safari one day!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - UNFAIR - you didn't take me with you!!! What a great photo .. and it then looks like you've had a glorious time .. welcome home and now 'happy' adjustment -it always is ..

Cheers and it'll be lovely to see your posts - Hilary