Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Musings: interludes

I'm in an interlude with my novel. I finished revisions and it is now in the hands of a few beta readers. I am beginning to think about what editor I will hire and whether to pursue traditional publishing or just bite the bullet and self-publish. Interludes are an interesting place to be because there is nothing you have to do. It's too soon for me to start on the next writing project--I'm still too invested emotionally and psychically with this one. I remember reading a book by a 14th century unknown mystic called The Cloud of Unknowing. I love that title. It's how interludes feel. You don't know what's coming next....

Blessings
Karen

15 comments:

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

Good luck Karen, I know it will be a success whichever way you publish.

I have just started the long process of my third poetry book, very early stages but it is keeping me occupied.
Have a good week.
Yvonne.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Congratulations on finishing with your revisions! Your interlude sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Charmaine Clancy said...

It's very exciting when a project nears its end. Well done.
dream... write... publish

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I'd say an interlude is a good "emotional breather" as well isn't it?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on reaching that point! I can't start on another project while I'm working on one for the same reason. I need to remain focused until it's done.

Karen Walker said...

Yvonne, yeah for you!
Elizabeth, thank you,dear lady
Charmaine, it is, isn't it?
Optimistic, yes, it is that as well
Alex, thank you

L.G. Smith said...

Good time to catch up on some reading so you don't think too much about the awaited feedback. :))

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Just take a deep breath and enjoy the moment. The right decision will come to you.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Cloud of Unknowing is such a great title! Have a great week!

Arlee Bird said...

Hey, I'm in that cloud. I need to get out so I know more.

You'll come up with a plan that will work right for you. I guess you'll need to hear from your Beta readers first and then make decisions from there.

Lee
Wrote By Rote

Suze said...

Karen, I'd love it if you read my post The Publishing Tree.

Karen Walker said...

L.G. that's just what I'm doing. And loving it!
Diane, yes, I must remember to breathe!
Nicole, I've always loved that title
Lee, yup yup yup
Suze, okay, I'll head over

Julie Flanders said...

Oh I love that title too. Perfect.

How exciting that your novel is moving along. Congrats!

Stephanie Faris said...

Interludes happen to give our minds time to recharge. Have a great time with it!

LD Masterson said...

Relax a bit and let all those things your minds knows but hasn't told you yet float to the surface.