Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Telling the Truth Tuesday: Blankies

Every night, after dinner, my husband and I snuggle up together on the couch and struggle to find something we both want to watch. But it almost doesn't matter whether we do or not, because what I love is the snuggling under the blankie. It's important which blankie we use, too, because for a while we were using a crocheted blankie that is wool. That didn't feel right. Some blankies are too big or too thick. Some are too small and don't cover our toes if we have it up to our necks. But we found a cashmere blankie that is the perfect size and shape and thickness. And it feels absolutely delicious.
Do you have particularly blankies you love or hate?
Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

When it's cold, we like to snuggle under a blanket in front of the television. Usually it's one of our comforters.

Julie Flanders said...

I have a throw I got as a Christmas present some years ago and it is my perfect blankie. That's one of my favorite things about winter, snuggling up under it. I'm with you on wool, way too itchy for me.

D.G. Hudson said...

Cashmere anything feels like luxury. Such a simple thing as cozying with a partner can evoke memories of seasons past and contentment.
Nice thoughts.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I have a couple favorite quilts that my Aunt Gail made for me years ago. Two are falling apart, but we use them all the time.

Denise Covey said...

Not much call for snuggling up under blankies in Oz lol. Could use one here in Paris though.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, oh, I love comforters, especially down ones
Julie, yes, itchy
D.G. yes, yes, yes
diane, oh homemade quilts are the best
Denise, yes, Paris can be quite chilly -

Adhi Das said...

Advanced Merry Christmas & Happy New Year greetings and also Thanks and Smiles:) for ur support till now Dear Blogger Buddy God<3U:)

Jack said...

Aw, there are few things better then curling up under a blankie and watching TV. I have many of them myself, gifts from friends, so I understand some of the problems they present. Knitted ones are lovely, but they sometimes have too many holes to offer the right amount of warmth. And the length, as you said, that is always a problem. I am acting hoping to someday get one of those delightfully fuzzy ones that can melt a person just because they are so soft.

~Sia McKye~ said...

My husband has a favorite sherpa fleece sided throw I got him a couple of years ago. It's on his chair in the livingroom. When we sit on the couch together I have a comforter that's really soft and it's great.

Sia McKye Over Coffee

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Snuggling under the blanket is so romantic!

LD Masterson said...

I'm a sucker for soft fleece.