Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Musings: Good news

Yippee!! For the first time in a year my thyroid #'s are moving in the right direction. I was really beginning to despair. I really feel like I am in good hands with this new MD who is holistic in his approach. The #'s are not where they need to be, but at least they are going in the right direction. And I have energy like a "normal" person for the first time in months. Big sigh here. Thanks for all your loving thoughts and prayers during this challenging time.

I am making good progress with my novel. I really want to share how I'm approaching this next phase, but I can't because I'm afraid everyone will think I'm out of my mind (if you don't already think that). My writer friends would understand, but others who read this blog, well...I just don't know. Is that too much of a tease? I'm sorry, but these are my musings and this is what's on my mind today.

How about you? What are you musing about today?
Blessings,
Karen

19 comments:

writing for pleasure said...

Great to hear how well you're feeling, also your novel is coming along nicely.
Keep up the good work will be thinking about you.
Yvonne.

Liz Fichera said...

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't been well but glad to hear that you're making progress. Having the right doc can make all the difference.

Good luck with your new novel!

Jack said...

That is wonderful news! I am so happy to hear it!

And about your novel too, that is exciting! (And don't worry, all authors are crazy. It is part of the job.)

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

So glad to hear all this good news, Karen! Hope you have a happy week. :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's great news about both things. Craig takes thyroid medicine and it will really help when you can get that balanced.

L.G. Smith said...

Glad you're getting some relief from your thyroid meds. Hypothyroidism is a sneaky little devil.

Karen Walker said...

Yvonne, thanks for the vote of confidence
Liz, thanks much
Jack, I guess that's true
Elizabeth, thank you
Diane, that's good to hear - thanks

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's great news! Whatever approach you're taking, weird or not, keep doing it.

Julie Flanders said...

Hooray! How wonderful that you finally got some good news and things are moving in the right direction, so happy for you. :)

Karen Walker said...

L.G., yup it sure is - amazing how much it affects - mood, sleep, metabolism, weight - oy!
Alex, yup yup yup
Julie, thanks so much

Manzanita said...

That ole thyroid is something to sing about when it goes in the right direction.. And especially that you are feeling the great energy.
Take care and enjoy the new week

Suzanne Furness said...

Wonderful news, so glad your health is improving. Good luck with that novel too.

Robin said...

What is your new doctor having you do differently for your thyroid? My thyroid went autoimmune about two years ago. I take thyroid medication to slow down the deterioration, but my doctor said that eventually the autoimmune disorder would eat my thyroid completely. It is much worse than just being hypothyroid. So, I am very curious what changes your doctor made that are giving these great results. You can email me at rarichards68 at gmail dot com.

Thanks Karen!

Claudia Moser said...

Good news!

Susanne Drazic said...

Great news! I hope the numbers keep improving so that you continue to feel better.

Karen Walker said...

Manzanita, and sing I will!
Suzanne, thank you bunches
Robin, I just sent you an email - let's chat!
Claudia, thanks - and hi to you!
Susanne, me too - thanks a lot

Jemi Fraser said...

LOL - I never share my writerly brain with my non-writer people either. This is why no one in my 'real' world knows my 'secret identity'!! :)

SO glad your thyroid is improving - it's such a relief when the #s are in the normal range - you feel like a whole person again!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen ... that's so good the holistic approach is paying off - so pleased for you.

As to writing - we are our own masters and I'm sure the different twists will make your book stand out ..

Have a better 2014 .. cheers Hilary

Chris said...

Hi Karen, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/