Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here on Monday and Tuesday. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair.

"ONLY ONE THING IS MORE FRIGHTENING THAN SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH, AND THAT IS NOT SPEAKING IT." Naomi Wolf

"We are called human beings, not human doings."
Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

"The way to do is to be."
Laotzu

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs..(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."
Theodore Roosevelt


Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's a novel!!!

I don't normally post other than on Mondays and Tuesdays but I just had to share that I just hit 50,001 words in my manuscript and now I finally feel that it's a novel. At least it's the minimum word count a novel should be. Yahoo!! I don't even care whether the words are any good, I just can't believe I've written a novel. Ever since I read Little Women, I wanted to be Jo, ensconced in an attic, scribbling away. I am still not done with this revision - have about 20 pages to go - but I was so excited I had to talk about it. And who better to understand how I feel than all of you.
Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

Robin said...

It's a novel! Woohoo!!!! How exciting:) Seriously... IT IS EXCITING.

L.G. Smith said...

Yahoo!!!!!

Adding words is not my problem, but I can relate to hitting a target word count. Congrats!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Robin and L.G. It feels kinda great!

T. Drecker said...

YAY for you! 50,000 is a huge milestone. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome!! I hope to hit that number as well. Yes, that is a novel.

Karen Walker said...

You will, Alex, for sure.

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

That's fantastic, well done!

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations, it is a novel. Well done indeed!

Julie Flanders said...

Hooray!! Congratulations, Karen. Sending you a virtual round of applause. :)

LD Masterson said...

Time to hand out cigars! Chocolate ones, of course.

Karen Walker said...

Oh dear, not time for cigars yet. Still needs revision/editing. But still doing a happy dance!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. that's brilliant news - so pleased for you ... enjoy the finishing and the whatever pleasure you can tempt yourself with!

Cheers Hilary

mooderino said...

One of those times hitting fifty is a good thing.

Congrats!

mood
Moody Writing

Denise Covey said...

Karen,congratulations! I've several novels in various stages of completion, but I finally actually finished one and sent it off to a manuscript assessor. Woo hoo! Just finishing is a major event so I can understand your excitement.


View My Stats