Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here on Monday and Tuesday. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair.

"ONLY ONE THING IS MORE FRIGHTENING THAN SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH, AND THAT IS NOT SPEAKING IT." Naomi Wolf

"We are called human beings, not human doings."
Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

"The way to do is to be."
Laotzu

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs..(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."
Theodore Roosevelt


Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Telling the Truth Tuesday: can't think of a thing to write here

I've told so many truths on this blog since 2009, but today, I can't think of one to share with you that has any meaning. The only thing I wonder is, how many of you live a life of contemplation -- meaning do you look at your attitude, your beliefs, your behaviors, and do you analyze them when something happens in your life that impacts you negatively? Or do you simply deal with it and move on? Inquiring minds what to know.

Blessings,
karen

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I will analyze my behavior and attitude, especially if I find myself acting out the negative. Where belief and faith are concerned, I'm pretty solid.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Yes I am always looking inward, always self-reflecting. I think it's the only way to grow.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, Keith, you are both rare men, indeed. So grateful you are in my life.

Robin said...

I have been on a journey of introspection for a while now. Since discovering how the emotions/mind affects our bodies, I am now doing even more of it. So, yes, lots of introspection going on here.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I like your phrase "a contemplative life"-- because it sounds much more pro-active and positive than "why aren't I getting anything done?" I'll remember it next time I spend all day pondering something instead of working.

Karen Walker said...

Robin, yes, I gathered that from your blog
Karen, you make me laugh!

Carol Kilgore said...

I deal with them and move on. I'm on the opposite end of the line from the analytical type.

mooderino said...

I am quite a contemplative person, but I have found that often I use my ponderings to avoid doing stuff. The truth is at this point in my life I recognise my behaviour very quickly and I know what needs to be done, I just need to get on with it, but, oh, how I can analyse it over and over.

mood
Moody Writing

jaybird said...

I am constantly checking my attitude and my motivation (especially in regard to serving others) I ask myself, am I doing enough for others? Why? Am I looking for something in return or am doing this with a genuine desire to bless someone else? I try very hard to keep my motives pure and my attitude in check.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

I do both...probably more on the side of barreling through whatever the problem is. I think it would be better if I reflected more.


View My Stats