Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here on Monday and Tuesday. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair.

"ONLY ONE THING IS MORE FRIGHTENING THAN SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH, AND THAT IS NOT SPEAKING IT." Naomi Wolf

"We are called human beings, not human doings."
Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

"The way to do is to be."
Laotzu

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs..(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."
Theodore Roosevelt


Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Telling the Truth Tuesday: second revision done

Woo hoo! I have finished my second revision, incorporating more character development, setting, and description. Now I am going through it one more time on the computer before I give myself a bit of time and then print it out and read through it again. Once that is accomplished, it is time to give it to my editor (the one who told me I only had the skeleton and needed to add the flesh). He was so right.
I have no idea whether this is a story anyone will want to read and that is freaking me out a bit, but I can't control that right now. I can only make it the best I can make it and then begin the journey towards publishing.

I'm going to need you guys more than ever when that day comes.
Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

We will be her for you Karen! Congrats on the second revision!

Robin said...

I think the most we can do is breathe in and appreciate the accomplishments as they happen. Each time you work over that manuscript it improves. That is a wondrous thing!

Karen Walker said...

Keith, thank you
Robin, so right!

Mason Canyon said...

Congrats on the second revision. You'll be there before you know it, and we'll be here for you.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're done with your second revision! Still trying to finish my first draft.

mooderino said...

That's great news. Makes me want to get on with my own revisions (so I that's what I'm off to do).

mood
Moody Writing

Karen Walker said...

Mason, fingers crossed here
Alex, you'll get there!
mooderino, yeah for you!

Suze said...

Yay, Karen! Fantastic, honey. :)

LD Masterson said...

Good luck with the next pass through. I'm in the same place.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Karen, from what I know of the story and saw early on, people DO want to read this story. With the flesh and a fine editor, I predict acclaim.

Arlee Bird said...

When you're ready for your book blog tour let me know. You're always welcome at my sites.

Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Suze, I love you.
LD, yeah for you!
Sharon, I love you, too!
Lee, you made me tear up!

Liz Fichera said...

Congrats, Karen! That is a huge accomplishment. :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - you're being professional and checking it all thoroughly and that makes sense. Good luck with the process ... and so pleased you're this far now ..

Cheers Hilary

Jennifer Shirk said...

Great job, Karen!

I just sent my second round of edits to my editor too!

Manzanita said...

WOW what a nose to the grindstone time you've put in. Congratulations and way to go, girl.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

View My Stats