Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Another revision finished - yippee!!

Just put the finishing touches on my latest revision. 50,650 words. Yup, it's a real novel. Just sent this version to my editor and two beta readers. Yup, moving right along. If nothing else ever happens with this book, I can still say to myself, "You did it.You wrote a novel. Something you'd never ever thought you'd do." Yup. I'm struttin' and patting self on back. And dancing for joy.
Thanks to all of you for the support and encouragement.
Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Karen!! Go celebrate tonight.

Karen Walker said...

Will do! Thanks, Alex

Robin said...

Woohoo! Congratulations. I agree with Alex... a celebration is in order!

L.G. Smith said...

Yay!! And I'm jealous. I'm still slogging through my revisions. But well done. Not everyone can say they wrote a novel. :)

Karen Walker said...

Robin, I celebrated with 4 of my closest friends
L.G. You'll get there - if I did, you can!

Julie Flanders said...

You definitely deserve to be struttin.:) Congratulations!!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Congratulations, Karen! I love hearing this great news. :)

Tracy Jo said...

So awesome, Karen!! You are so inspiring to me. It is my goal too and I am determined to get there. Great job!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Julie
Elizabeth, big sigh here
Tracy Jo, really? You will definitely get there - I just know it!

mooderino said...

That's excellent news. Well done and big congrats.

mood
Moody Writing

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - that's great .. flashing your peacock tail which swirls around in a multitude of delightful colours .. so, so pleased for you .. you've done it. Cheers and enjoy the weekend - Hilary

Suze said...

I'm dancing with you, girl!

debi o'neille said...

Yep, it's time to kick up the heels and twirl a few!
Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com