Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday Musings: plugging along

I am plugging along on my revisions. I think Part I is pretty close to being done. Part II is almost there. Part III needs a complete rework. Oy! I should have a good deal of time this week to work on it. I really want to get this round done and back to my editor before I leave for Europe in June. Did I tell you guys I'm going to Transylvania with a bunch of friends for a folk dance ethnographic tour. I can't imagine toddling around on a tour bus with 20 or so close friends--in Romania. Seeing Dracula's castle. Hubs and I will be going to the Amalfi Coast of Italy for 3 days prior to the dance tour. I'm pretty darned excited. So, I want to hand my manuscript to my editor before I go so I can completely let go of it while I'm gone. Wish me luck...
Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh wow this sounds like it will be an amazing trip!! Can't wait to read the posts about it :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You can do it!
A couple weeks in Transylvania - what an adventure.

Jennifer Chandler said...

Oooh, what a fun adventure! I can't wait to hear all about it when you return. You'll get those edits done :)

Jen

Karen Walker said...

Yeah, Keith, neither can I (wait, that is)
Alex, your mouth to God's ears.
Jen, keeping fingers crossed.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You have a whole month - focus.

I can't wait to see the photos you'll post when you return.

Mason Canyon said...

What a fascinating trip you have ahead of you, Karen. Just think of all the fun and amazing stories that will come from that. You'll have everything done with your manuscript long before your trip.

Robin said...

Your June trip sounds so exciting. It also forces you to hunker down and do the work on your novel in May. Sometimes that is helpful. Deadlines can be good things:)

Karen Walker said...

Diane, yes, focus is the key -
Mason, I hope you're right
Robin, yes, sometimes deadlines are really good. Other times they stress me out big time.

mooderino said...

Sounds like it's going to be a very exciting trip. Good luck.

mood
Moody Writing

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

This sounds like such a fun trip! I know you can do it, Karen! Good luck.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, mooderino
Elizabeth, I think it will be a blast - not sure about the rewrite of last part - I'm kinda stuck

Suze said...

Your upcoming trip sounds amazing, Karen!