Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Progress Report - Latest revision - done!!

I did it. I did it. I didn't think I could do it. But I did it. I think that's lyrics from some song but I can't think of what song or what show it was from because I'm jumping up and down and patting myself on the back. The third part of my novel didn't work. There was an emotional disconnect and I wasn't sure I could fix it. But a chance remark by my wonderful, fabulous, incredibly supportive husband gave me the key. I have submitted all the changes and rewrites to my editor and now I wait. Again. Tomorrow I am going to have rehearsal with Sugartime and go to dinner with friends in the evening. It will be next week before I hear back from my editor. That is fine. I can use the break.

Congratulations to all of those who participated in the A-Z challenge.  In the past, I have had great fun making new friends and trying to be creative with posts. I hope you all are satisfied with your outcomes.

Blessings,
Karen

19 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Congratulations Karen!! This is wonderful! And how wonderful to have that support from your husband as well!

Beth said...

Congratulations!

Jennifer Chandler said...

Congratulations, Karen! This is wonderful :) I'm so glad things fell into place and now you can breathe easy for a while. Take a break! Enjoy yourself. You've earned it :D

Jen

Karen Walker said...

Keith, yes, I am a lucky woman.
Beth, thank you
Jen, oddly, I was up most of the night last night -thought I'd sleep like a baby. Go figure.

Robin said...

Wow. That is amazing and wonderful and amazing. Oh, I said that already. Isn't it lovely when you get that Right Piece of The Puzzle and it all just FITS??? Congratulations.

Ann said...

That is wonderful Karen, delighted for you. It is such a fantastic feeling when things fall into place. Well done to the hubs for initiating the breakthrough.

Karen Walker said...

Robin, yes, it's lovely
Ann, yeah, he's pretty terrific. Turns out the disconnect itself was the key.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

So excited for you!!! Sometimes it takes another brain to figure out how to work around a manuscript problem...my husband has helped me in the past, too!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Knew you'd figure it out! Congratulations.

Suze said...

Congratulations, Karen!

Karen Walker said...

I sure hope my editor agrees with my "fix."

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations, Karen. Way to go. Time to relax now and have fun rehearsing and going out to dinner.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats, Karen!

LD Masterson said...

That's great. Congratulations.

And I think the song you were half remembering is from My Fair Lady. Just in case you were wondering.

mooderino said...

well done. Enjoy your break.

mood
Moody Writing

Karen Walker said...

LD, oh, that's right. I remember now! Thanks
mooderino, thanks - I will

Arlee Bird said...

Good for you! This is very exacting pretty soon you can start promoting a book!

Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Lee, oy vay!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - isn't that great .. that your hubby is so supportive and comes up with bright ideas!! Delighted to read Sugartime is still providing happiness for many .. and I hope you enjoy your dinner ..

Enjoy the weekend and bit of relaxation away from revision ..

Cheers and I did yet again enjoy the A - Z ... Hilary