- To be in a loving, healthy, wonderful marriage for 18 years.
- To have a loving, healthy relationship with my son.
- To be at a very healthy, good weight and to feel good about how I look (at almost 65, no less)
- To be financially secure
- To be able to travel
- To have written and published a memoir and now to have written a novel.
- To be singing and dancing for older folks in retirement communities.
- To have a wonderful community of loving friends
- To feel strong and comfortable inside my own skin
- To feel good about who I am
- To be on a spiritual journey that has given me more inner peace than I could ever have imagined
Welcome to Following the Whispers blog
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.
“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf
“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt