Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday Musings: Sugartime

My very good friend, Gene Vance, photographer extraordinaire, did a photo shoot with my singing partner, Rosie, and I for Sugartime. We wanted memories of this incredible journey we are on, singing and dancing for retired folks all over Albuquerque. Here are a few of the shots he took. I think they really capture how we feel about each other and what we do.












Thank you Gene for these great shots.

19 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those are absolutely wonderful, Karen!! Incredibly professional and you both look great.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Gene did a great job here. These are some fantastic shots and I can really see the joy, love, and friendship between you both :)

Mason Canyon said...

You can tell from the photos that y'all definitely spread cheer and happiness wherever you go. Wonderful photos. They make you want to smile back.

Happy Memorial Day.

Robin said...

What great fun! You can tell from the pics that you two are enjoying yourselves enormously. Love this!

Brandon Ax said...

Those pictures are awesome. It looks like you both had a fun time. Love the last one with the umbrellas.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, yup, Gene could go pro of he chose. Thanks so much. And thank you, too, for the incredible honor you bestowed on me on your blog today. I am so grateful you are in my blogging life.
Keith, yes, that's what I love about them - it really does show that joy!
Mason, it is such a blessing that we get to do this. I'm glad it shows.
Robin, thanks so much
Brandon, me, too - one of my faves - thanks

Suze said...

Karen, I love these! I am so glad you and Rosie took the time to have these shot--they are just wonderful! I can't even pick a favorite. :)

D.G. Hudson said...

What a resume in photos! Great captures by your friend. Love the outfits, too. My daughters did some performance theatre, so those photos reminded me of their green room days. . .

Karen Walker said...

Suze, me, too. It captures this experience for me in a very special way.
D.G. thank you-

Karen Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

How fun. I want front row tickets!

Congratulations on Alex's You Rock Award, Karen. Be well.

L.G. Smith said...

Fun, fun, fun! What fabulous photos. :)

Karen Walker said...

Wish you could have one, Robyn. That would be so cool.
L.G. It IS fun!

Medeia Sharif said...

Fantastic photos. Looks like a fun shoot.

Jack said...

It looks like you are having SO much fun!!!!

Haddock said...

Gene has done a wonderful job. Even though these are posed ones, they look so natural.

Mark Koopmans said...

Fantastic pictures - and it's so easy to see you are real friends :)

Break a leg and all that with your future performances - and congrats on the current award from Alex :)

You Rock! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - amazing shots .. what lovely memories these will be for you .. you both look stunning ..

Congratulations - Hilary

Julie Flanders said...

These are fantastic!! Really made me smile to scroll through them. Your joy in what you are doing shines through the screen. Wonderful photos.