Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Musings: The Amalfi Coast of Italy

This was my third time in Italy. The first time, I was 50 years old and it was my first trip to Europe. I didn't ever think I'd get to Europe and was convinced that it would most likely be my last. On the first trip, we went to Rome, Venice and Florence. On the second trip, we went to the medieval city of Sienna. This time, we went to the Amalfi Coast. This was high on my bucket list - to see Sorrento and Positano and go to the Isle of Capri to see the Blue Grotto. Here are some pics from this portion of the trip.

Mt. Vesuvius

The Amalfi Coast

Hubby, me, and pal Rosie at one of the stops along the drive

Positano

Amalfi

En route around the Isle of Capri

Emerald Grotto

Blue Grotto



We had 1/2 day in Rome before flying to Romania. Rosie had never been there so it was a whirlwind to make sure she saw the biggest tourist attractions.

Colliseum

Roman Forum

On the Spanish Steps


More tomorrow on the Transylvania portion of the trip.

Blessings,
Karen

16 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Half day isn't much time! The Grottos are beautiful.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Wow, that Blue Grotto is lovely. Great pictures here, Karen!

I've been to Rome and Florence, but not to Amalfi Coast--looks amazing.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh wow those HUGE rock/island formations in the water are amazing...

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, such beautiful photos. The sites are breathtaking, especially the Blue Grotto and the one of the Amalfi Coast.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Karen, those are wonderful! Can;t wait to see the ones from Romania. Our church supports a ministry there and I love it when Vassi (the minister) visits and bring photos.

L.G. Smith said...

Welcome back! And, wow, what a beautiful trip! I've seen photos of the Amalfi coast before and thought it would be an incredible place to visit. Glad you got to scratch that one off the bucket list. :)

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

Wow it's SO beautiful! Lucky you to have gone three times!

D.G. Hudson said...

Beautiful photos of Italy. Love the coast shots.

Jack said...

So amazing!!! And so pretty! I would love to go there someday

Arlee Bird said...

Great photos! Don't know if I'll ever make it to Europe--you're fortunate to have been able to make the trips you have.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Yeah, Alex, it isn't enough time at all, but it was only a stopping place for us to catch the flight to Cluj.
Elizabreth, the grottos were exquisite
Keith, I love rock formations so I was in heaven here.
Mason, the photo doesn't come close to capturing how magical the Blue Grotto was.
Diane, thanks - I'm still going thru the Romanian ones. Not sure if I'll get them up by tomorrow.
L.G., me, too!
Melissa, D.G., Jack, thank you.
Arlee Bird, I feel very blessed, indeed.

Jemi Fraser said...

Wow!! Those photos are stunning! I haven't been to mainland Europe before - can't wait to go one day! :)

Robin said...

I have been to Venice and Rome, but now I really want to go back. The Emerald Coast... wow.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Gorgeous. Like the others, I want to see the Amalfi coast and look forward to Rome in October. Thanks for sharing these photos.

PK Hrezo said...

Wow. Just wow. I've wanted to see that grotto for a very long time now. I've been around Italy but never to the Amalfi coast or Capri. Someday. Florence is my fave city.
You must've eaten well there. Mmmm.... Italian food. Only thing better is French food IMO. :)

tozca sudirman said...

Really great browse, optimistic web site, where by u develop the actual details in todays post? I 've browse the majority of the articles or blog posts with your web site presently, and I very such as your vogue. Thanks a million and please constantly function effectively

davia leather
new game kids
toko jaket kulit murah di garut
jaket kulit asli domba
jaket kulit jakarta
jaket kulit
abwaba
permainan terbaru
layali store
permaina ngames memasak
permainan memasak sara
permainan games barbie