Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, July 11, 2014

Home again

Hello wonderful blogging buddies,
  Thank you all so much for the well wishes and prayers. I find it impossible to do anything with my blog on my iPhone, so I couldn't respond.
  I am home, so obviously the meds didn't kill me, LOL. Now it remains to be seen if they work to keep me out of a-fib. I was in normal sinus rhythm the whole time I was in the hospital, but had an a-fib episode not 1/2 hour after I got home. I know this med doesn't cure a-fib, but I'm hoping the episodes will be fewer and far between and less intense than they have been. I was pretty upset, but I'm working my way towards accepting what is and dealing with it.
Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Karen, glad you're home! Don't stress. Give it time to work.

Arlee Bird said...

Thank God for the miracles of modern medicine. Glad you're on the right track in addressing the a-fib issue.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Murees Dupé said...

It is good to hear that you are doing well. I hope that the medication works as planned and you get to feel better soon.

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, it's wonderful that you're home. Hopefully in time the medicine will do the trick it's meant to do. Meanwhile, try to rest and relax.

Suzanne Furness said...

Pleased you are home, Karen, hope the meds do their job and you continue to improve.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I look forward to hearing more. I mention your blog in my post on Monday, if you want to come check it out :)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

(Meaning the one scheduled for this Monday coming up)

Karen Walker said...

Alex, LOL, about not stressing. I'm trying...
Lee, thanks
Murrees, thanks so much for the kind thoughts
Mason, that's my prayer, thank you
Suzanne, thanks
Karen, LOL, I'll be sure to check on Monday - thank you!

L.G. Smith said...

Hoping the treatment helps and that the incident after you got home was an isolated one. Take it easy and enjoy your weekend. :)

Suze said...

Oh, my gosh, honey, just read all this!

I'm so glad you're back home after all you just went through. Rest up and sip on something fruity. :)

xx

Fundy Blue said...

It must be scary to go through something like this! Rest and time help I'm sure.

Susanne Drazic said...

Karen, I'm so glad that you made it through the procedure. I will continue to pray for you.

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

I'm so glad to hear you're home safe. And hopefully you'll start to see an improvement soon.