Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Musings: Getting ready for camp

It's time for our annual folk dance camp, held at New Mexico Tech University in Socorro, New Mexico. This year we are going to learn Bulgarian dances as well as Cajun/Zydeco. Last year I didn't dance much. I was wearing a heart monitor and having A-fib episodes. This year, I hope it will be very different. My new medication seems to be controlling the arrhythmia pretty well. Episodes are fewer and far between and less intense.

I'm also still in the throes of revisions for my novel. A part of me just wants to the rest of my life to take a back seat so I can focus on this and get it done. I'm so close...

What's happening in your world?
Do tell...
Blessings,
Karen


10 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh wow has it been a year already?? I remember you posting about this last year I believe. The time sure flies :)

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, I hope you're feeling well enough to participate in camp this year. The dances sound like fun. Go, relax and when you get back the revisions will fall in place.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Enjoy being able to really dance this time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Have a good time! And I know the feeling. I had a lot going on this weekend and didn't get to edit as much as I wanted.

Karen Walker said...

Yes, Keith, time sure is flying. It goes faster the older I get.
Thanks so much, Mason.
Diane, yes, that's the plan!
Alex, ah, I understand.

Jemi Fraser said...

Enjoy the dancing! I hope you have lots of fun :)
And the thing I've learned about revisions is that they'll always wait for you :)

Robin said...

Wow. This must mean that I have been reading your blog for a year now because I remember the dance post last year. I hope you have tons of fun and get to DANCE!

Pearson Report said...

I'm excited for you regarding the revisions… and being so close… keep going, you're almost done!

Have fun on your adventures at dance camp - I look forward to reading all about it when you return. I'm glad to read your meds are helping with your heart.

With smiles, Jenny

Suze said...

Bulgarian dances! Karen that sounds so exotically cool. I'm so impressed by you, girl.

Susanne Drazic said...

Karen, so glad that the medicine is helping. Have fun at the your annual folk dance camp. Best wishes with your revisions.