Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Telling the Truth Tuesday: I'm in the hospital

No blogging for me today. I am in the hospital. I am not sick. Nor am I having a procedure. My new cardiologist recommended a medication for my a-fib and PAC's, one that doesn't affect blood pressure. The only down side is they have to administer it in a hospital because there is a 4% chance of sudden death. Oy! I've opted to try it because there is a 70% chance of the symptoms going away and since my life has been so negatively impacted by the arrythmias, I am doing this.

I'll be back next week to visit all of you. Be well.
Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Praying it goes well for you, Karen!

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, keeping you in my prayers that all goes well and the procedure does what you want it to.

Murees Dupé said...

You are in my prayers. Stay positive and best of luck. I hope the new medication helps.

Tonja said...

I hope it helps. That's is definitely a scary risk though.

I am having arrhythmia problems too. Just got an appointment with the cardiologist. I'm taking it as a good sign they didn't say to come in right now. :)

Hugs and positive energy for you.

Donna Shields said...

You are in my prayers. I hope the meds work for you.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thinking about you. Please let us know when you are home.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Karen. I'm praying that everything went well at the hospital.

Fundy Blue said...

Take care! I hope it went well!

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

Wow, good luck Karen!

LD Masterson said...

Praying you stay firmly in the 96% on that first group and join the happy 70% in the second.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - hope all has gone well this week and that procedure will make you feel so much better over time ..

Happy recovery for a while .. cheers Hilary

Julie Flanders said...

I hope the procedure went well and will help you, Karen. Take care.