Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A normal heart - part II

So much for thinking my heart was normal again. I got a call from the cardiologist's office that the monitoring company let them know I had gone into a-fib with a heart rate of 169--not once, but several times in the 1 1/2 weeks I had the monitor on. They wanted to see me. About treatment options. I went. There are no more meds I can take because I have low blood pressure. I was told it is dangerous for me to have this high a heart rate so frequently. It is damaging my heart. I need to have what is called an ablation procedure. I am not a happy camper. To be continued....
Thank you for all the kind words of support. It means more than you know.
Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that all will be well.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Mason

Julie Flanders said...

I'm so sorry you are going through such a difficult time, Karen. I hope this can all be sorted out and you will be on your way to a healthy heart soon. I can't imagine how frustrating and frightening this all must be. Take care and best wishes to you.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks so much, Julie. It is scary and frustrating.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sorry! Will be praying for a healing.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - at least they're monitoring it .. and I'm sure it will be kept under control for you ... with thoughts - Hilary

Jacqueline Howett said...

Sending healing prayers your way!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Karen!! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Is this an invasive surgical procedure?

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Karen, I'm so sorry. What all is involved? My prayers for you.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, that is very much appreciated
Hilary, yes, thanks for the good thoughts
Jacqueline, thanks so much
Keith, it is invasive, but not surgical
Diane, they insert a catheter into a vein thru the groin and up into the heart and cauterize the area where the electrical system is going haywire causing rapid heart rate. Thanks for your concern

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

I'll be thinking of you and sending every positive thought I can.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Paul

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Karen. Thank you for keeping us updated on things. You are in my thoughts and prayers.