Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Musings: Low key

I feel like I am undergoing a major transformation and it's taking a lot of psychic, emotional, and spiritual energy. So I am feeling very low key. Don't feel much like doing many things other than reading, playing around on the computer, and watching movies. My book is with my editor, so there's nothing to do there. I'm still mulling how to publish. Low key is an odd mood. It's not fatigue. It's not depression. It's not low energy. I guess subdued is a good adjective. I'm not used to subdued. I'm used to being quite busy and active. Change is good, right?

How about you? Are you high key or low key?
Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am definitely more low-key than high-key :) I prefer calmness as opposed to chaos.

Manzanita said...

What a great feeling to know your book will soon be appearing in the stores.

Mason Canyon said...

I would say the low key is allowing you to unwind after your writing process and relax a bit before the next phase of what life brings. It's a good thing to be low key for a short while.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'd have a hard time doing subdued, too. I'm very high key and high energy.

Karen Walker said...

Keith, yes, I'll take calmness any day.
Manzanita, oh how I long for that day
Mason, I guess that's a big part of it
Diane, I can't imagine you subdued, LOL

Murees Dupé said...

Low key is good sometimes. And its not like you are in bed feeling sorry for yourself. You are just taking things easy. Like you I am feeling low key too. Enjoy the low key phase for now, because when things get crazy again, rest might be hard to get. Wishing you the best.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

After what happened this weekend, I feel subdued...

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - I've had two blows this weekend and no doubt the third is on its way ... I just count my blessings ...

Though I could count my internet connection a blessing if it would stay connected!

We've a wet bank holiday that hasn't stopped raining down all day ... perhaps they are tears of rain ...

Things work themselves out .. cheers Hilary

~Sia McKye~ said...

I've been low key the past month. Part of it is being tired and there are days that if tired equaled people I'd be New York City. Just a lot going on in my day with training for a new part on the job, dealing with the normal stuff at home, and working 30 hours a week. But all my life I've need those low key times to do nothing but putter and read. Those times recharge me.

Sia McKye Over Coffee

Karen Walker said...

Alex, my heart goes out to you.
Hilary, Oh, I am so sorry
Sia, I hope you get some down time, Sia

Robin said...

I have terrible case of Blah. Is that related to Low-Key?

Karen Walker said...

Ahh, Robin, I think that's different

Susanne Drazic said...

Karen, low key can definitely be a good thing at times. Gives you a chance to relax and recharge.