Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Telling the Truth Tuesday: a normal heart

So last week I told the story of how difficult it was to get the heart monitor. Saturday was a week on the darned thing. I haven't had one heart episode. My heart feels perfectly normal and healthy. I mean it. Have I had a spontaneous, miraculous healing? I sure hope so. Actually, it's been two weeks, because I didn't have any episodes the week before I got the monitor either. I'm keeping my fingers crossed here....

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We'll say it's a total healing!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - it's the way of the world .. I just hope you get through without too many - but one would help just to enable them to understand what's going on ...

Take care - Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Addendum to this post. I wrote this last Friday. I've had two a-fib episodes since then and the doc's office has called me in today to talk treatment options. I think I may be out of medicine options. Oy!

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

:-( I take it that means surgery?

Karen Walker said...

Paul, I think that's the next step they will recommend, but I surely don't want to go there.

Mason Canyon said...

Hoping there are other medicines that they haven't told you about yet. Take care.

Susanne Drazic said...

Karen, I hope that there are options for you other than surgery. Saying prayers.