Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Musings: Aftermath

What happens when a major project, one you have been working on for five years, is done? At least this phase of it is done. In the past, I have experienced major letdown. This time, I am feeling peaceful. Acknowledging what I have accomplished, no matter what happens going forward.
I would love to be published by a small press. I think that is the best avenue for this particular book.
I'll keep you posted, LOL...

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Feeling peaceful is a good sign.

Liz Fichera said...

Congratulations, Karen! That is a HUGE accomplishment. Most people only think of writing a book--you've written one!

Go, you. :)

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, I agree with Diane - feeling peaceful is a good sign. Congratulations on finishing and wishing you much success and happiness with it.

Karen Walker said...

Diane, I'll take that as a good sign, Ha!
Liz, thank you, yes, that is how I feel, too.
Mason, thank you so much

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I always feel relief. If you're at peace, enjoy it.

L.G. Smith said...

I haven't felt the let down yet after finishing my latest. I think it's because I know I have so much more work to do revising the follow-up novel. And then I have to write the third novel to complete the trilogy. But when THAT is done, I anticipate a huge let down.

And good luck subbing with the small presses. Sounds like a plan. :)

jaybird said...

Rest up and find peace in your accomplishment!! I wish you all the best in finding a great small press to rep your work.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Feeling happy and content with what you've accomplished is a good feeling. That contentment will foster the next phase. That's a good thing too.

Hope you find your small publisher!

Sia McKye Over Coffee

Karen Walker said...

Alex, yes, relief is good.
L.G. Wow, that's a lot to accomplish. Good luck!
jaybird, thanks so much
Sia, thank you for the good wishes.

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats, Karen! Good luck. My fingers are crossed for you :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats! That peaceful feeling is wonderful - enjoy it! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - you've created and finished a major project - well done .. and now we'll see it in print sometime soon - glad you're being peaceful and enjoying the satisfaction .. cheers Hilary

Patricia Stoltey said...

Congratulations for finishing that novel! Submitting to small or medium sized publishers that accept unagented submissions is a good plan.

Susanne Drazic said...

CONGRATS, Karen. I'm glad you are feeling peaceful about it.