Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Telling the Truth Tuesday: done done done done done

It is almost five years to the day that I came home from Ireland and Scotland after hearing a voice say, "tell my story, tell my story" and began writing my first ever novel. It is done. I can't believe it, truly, I can't. I...WROTE...A...NOVEL. That is a monumental accomplishment in and of itself. I am going to take a few weeks to allow this to soak. There are some things happening personally I need to focus on anyway. Then the torture...er...fun begins--publishing. I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot about that process as I move through it. In the meantime, be well and thanks for all the support and encouragement as I birthed this book. You are an awesome community.

Blessings,
Karen

18 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it. Just relax for a few weeks and focus on you.

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, congratulations! Time for the 'happy dance.' Relax a bit and enjoy this.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Well done Karen - so pleased you've created it ... all will be well - cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Alex, thanks for the faith and confidence in me.
Mason, yup, happy dances are happening.
Hilary, thank you so much

Misha Gericke said...

Oh wow that's wonderful! Congrats!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!! I am so proud of you :)

Karen Walker said...

Misha, thank you.
Keith, aww,shucks!

Susanne Drazic said...

Yay, Karen! CONGRATS!!

Robin said...

A tremendous accomplishment! I look forward to hearing about your road to publishing as you walk it.

Julie Flanders said...

Oh how exciting!! Congratulations!!

Tonja said...

Congratulations!

Carol Kilgore said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Grab the wine, put on the music, and dance until you drop. You deserve a party!

And by the time you recover, it will be time to start on the next part of the journey.

I'm very happy for you :)

Mark David Gerson said...

What an awesome achievement!! You've done stellar work and deserve all the kudos coming your way (especially those self-pats on the back!!)!

S.K. Anthony said...

Karen, that is fantastic! Congratulations!!!! :D

S.K. Anthony

LD Masterson said...

Let the happy dance begin.

Suze said...

Congratulations, Karen!

Sherry Ellis said...

Congratulations. That's quite an accomplishment! Thanks for blitzing me yesterday. You made my day!

SittieCates said...

Marvelous news! Congratulations!