Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday Musings: I'm stuck

I'm stuck. I know I won't stay stuck, but stuck I am. I just don't want to do what I have to do to get my book published. Maybe it's that all of my energy is going into thinking about the ablation procedure I am going to have on 11/17 for my heart. Maybe I'm still recovering from writing the thing in the first place. It did, after all, take five years. Maybe I'm lazy all of a sudden, even though that is one character flaw I've never had. Whatever the reason, I'm just trying to wait it out. Wait for the energy to shift. Wait for the inspiration to take those first baby steps towards publishing.
How about you? Do you find it hard to do what you don't want to do?
Blessings,
Karen

8 comments:

Liza said...

I'm gearing up to send my book out to agents and I'm feeling stuck, too. I want to do it...but yes, it's hard.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The process is draining and takes a lot of energy. Of course, it might help to keep your mind off the approaching procedure.

Suze said...

Rest. Work flows out of rest. That's what I think. You won't abandon it. Just take a day or two to go out into the city and not think about it. Have lunch with a friend. I think the drive to move forward is is no danger of disappearing completely. You will finish what you have begun.

Karen Walker said...

Liza, good luck - I feel your pain.
Diane, it might help if I could concentrate.
Suze, thank you, dear friend. I know I will.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Submitting is an energy suck, and if you don't have any, you'll feel half dead trying. Now might be a season of rest.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, just the words I needed to hear. Validation for my feelings that I will wait until I have more energy.

Arlee Bird said...

I almost always find it hard to do the things I'm apprehensive about or just flat out don't want to do. You're early in the stage you're in so maybe it's time to divert your mind. Figure out how to make what you have to do more appealing and fun. I can imagine the impatience you're feeling, but the publishing goal with come one way or another if you patiently persist.

Lee
Wrote By Rote

Jemi Fraser said...

The submitting process is so different from the writing process. Definitely not as much fun! You'll know when the time is right - take a break until you're ready :)