Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Home from Hospital

Dear friends,

I am home from the hospital. The ablation procedure went well, according to the cardiologist. We won't know for awhile whether it works in terms of keeping me out of a-fib, but I am hopeful. I am not feeling as bad as they told me I would. I have no pain and no pain meds--just some discomfort in my chest and groin (where the catheters were inserted).

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and kind words. I feel very loved and very blessed.
Karen

12 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, so glad everything went well. The procedure and how you're feeling sounds very promising. Take care of yourself.

Liza said...

Glad things went well. Sending you healing thoughts.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Karen, I've been far away and out of touch, so surprised to come home and find this news. Glad to hear everything went well, and hoping that you ARE in the 80% this time. That balances out. I look forward to positive book news now.

jaybird said...

So happy to hear all is well. Rest and recover!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's good to hear! Hope the good news continues.

L.G. Smith said...

Glad you're feeling better than expected and that the procedure went well. Good news. :D

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - glad you're back home now .. and after some rest up .. I'm sure you'll be feeling considerably better than earlier in the week ... take care - Hilary

Robin said...

This is good news! Thank you for updating on us. Still praying for your continued recovery!!!

Chrys Fey said...

Welcome home, Karen! I hope you recover quickly!

S.K. Anthony said...

I'm so glad it went well! Lots of healing thoughts going your way. Hugs!

Manzanita said...

Bless you for a speedy and painless recovery. May you soon feel like a young kid on a playground.

Murees Dupé said...

It is so great to hear from you again. Please take it easy and take good care of yourself.