Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Musings: preparing for procedure

I am going to take this week to reflect and prepare for the heart ablation I will have next Monday. After the procedure, I will come back here and let you all know how everything went. In the meantime, I will miss all of you. Be well.
Karen

16 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Karen, I know you're in good hands at the hospital. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers as you have your procedure.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hope everything goes well on Monday.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Will be praying everything goes well with the procedure and you give us a great report!

Murees Dupé said...

Wishing you the best. You are in my prayers.

Mason Canyon said...

Try to rest this week, Karen. Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers now and in the days to come.

L.G. Smith said...

Take care, Karen.

Karen Walker said...

Thank you all so much for the kind thoughts and prayers.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - you'll be feeling so much better soon - take care, take time out, ease up and be at peace ... thinking of you - cheers Hilary

Morgan said...

Ohhhh… scary stuff… I hope you recover quickly and are top notch soon… <3

LD Masterson said...

Sending prayers.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Karen!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - you're around .. so I'm assuming all went well - glad to see you in the blogosphere .. enjoy the books being well wrapped up - resting and recovering ... cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Hilary, procedure is Monday, 11/17, I've just been poking around a bit this week.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jack said...

I will be praying all goes well.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Hope all went well for you Karen. We'll see you when you get back. :-)