Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Telling the Truth Tuesday: Easing back into normal

I am cleared to resume normal activities. I just have to ease back into them. This weekend I started to exercise. Haven't done that in months. I have some Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" DVD's and those are fun for me because it's dancing. I pulled those out. I also started walking in the small park behind our home. I have almost no leg strength at this point and I am so looking forward to getting stronger once again.

I am easing into publishing my novel as well. This week's agenda is to get a draft of a query and synopsis done. It will be a lousy draft, but it is a beginning.

Having energy makes all the difference in the world. I am so grateful, I don't have words.
How are you all doing?
Blessings
Karen

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You'll get stronger. A little bit every day!

Murees Dupé said...

I'm just happy you are doing so much better. Don't worry, your strength will return. Just keep doing what you're doing and take good care of yourself. Wishing you the best with the query.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Alex.
Murees, thank you so much for these kind words.

Lynn said...

Aww...Richard Simmons! He is definitely an uplifting motivator. And bet he helps bring a smile as you move more and get stronger.

Robin said...

You gotta start somewhere! Good for you!

Chrys Fey said...

I remember how I had to build up my strength and walking distance after having spine surgery. It takes time but you'll get there! I'm keeping you in my thoughts, Karen. Hugs!

Julie Flanders said...

I can imagine it takes some time to get your strength back. Sounds like the DVDs are a fun way to do it. Enjoy and take care!

Liza said...

Glad you are feeling better and moving forward!

Suze said...

Queries are notoriously tough, and they're not the same as writing the actual manuscript. Be encouraged, sweet Karen. You are firmly on the right path and those legs will gain strength with every step. Sending you all my best energy!