Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Musings:

Memorial Service - done
Organize rest of stuff to do for estate - done
Decide how to start exercising - done
       (Have I started yet?) Duh - no
Decide on vacations for the year - done
       (have we planned them all?) - no
Uh oh - found notes from 4 years ago for nonfiction book I wanted to write. Asked inner guidance if I am meant to write this now - yes. Asked inner guidance if I am supposed to keep re-writing Part III of novel - yes. Uh oh.
Oh yes, remember my new motto - there is enough time for me to do everything I want and need to do.
Breathe.
Remember, one step at a time.
Friends? Oh yes, schedule lunches. Must not isolate. Must stay connected.

How about you? What are you musing about today?
Blessings
Karen

13 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Hi, Karen!! Sounds like you're checking quite a few things off of your list :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Sounds like you've been busy and with more busy to come. Just remember to breathe.

Karen Walker said...

Hi Keith, yes, but did you notice I said organized things to do, don't have them done yet!!!
Diane, I have to remind myself to breathe, LOL.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

There is enough time if you schedule it right!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

That's so much you've done! Looks like you're taking a very organized approach. :)

Bish Denham said...

I'm musing about whether or not to call in the plumber to do a few jobs we need done around the house or... is this something we can do ourselves. And, if we can, do we really WANT to?

Call in the plumber.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Its all about scheduling, Karen. Looks like you are doing a lot :)

Karen Walker said...

Alex, yup, scheduling and planning sure help
Elizabeth, if I didn't organize, I'd lose my mind
Bish, yeah, call the plumber.
Rachna, yes, feels like a lot.

Chrys Fey said...

I hope you can figure out which project to work on, Karen. You could always work on one until you hit a block and then work on the other.

Jemi Fraser said...

Breathing is good! As is ensuring you're not isolated - that's one I always need to work on too. Good luck with it all - you'll be great :)

Arlee Bird said...

I'm sure you have time, but you need to finish these things at hand. You have so much more to say and do!

Bish's comment amused me. I was in a similar situation the other day and started to do the work myself, but rather than break something and have water all over the house I bit the bullet and shelled out $91.50 to have it done by a professional. Took him 30 minutes to fix what might of taken me a few hours if I could have fixed it at all.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Jennifer Chandler said...

Beautiful musings! So glad you were able to get through the memorial AND the estate. That must have been emotionally exhausting.

Those writing "uh-ohs" are very familiar to me. Everything in me wants to work on just one project at a time but my Muse always suggests several. Oi...

Thank you for posting your motto. I need to write that somewhere where I'll see it every day. "There is enough time for me to do everything I need to do."

I feel better already.

Cheers,
Jen

Liz Fichera said...

Be good to yourself. And so sorry for your loss. Hugs.