Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Telling the Truth Tuesday: it's begun!

I started the rewrite of Part III of my novel. I only have about 3500 words, but the good news is--I have 3500 words. I know where it begins. I don't know where it's going yet, but it's on its way.
Now all I need is time to keep going. Perhaps after the memorial service this Saturday, things will calm down a bit.

How are you all doing with your various projects?
Blessings
Karen

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's goo progress. And that story gives you something to focus on right now.

Arlee Bird said...

3500 is excellent progress I think. As for me, I'm behind in just about everything as usual. Today I need to get away from the computer to prepare dinner for tonight and tomorrow night, fix a leaky faucet, do a little house cleaning, and run a couple errands. And so much more that I could do that really needs to be done!

I'd rather be writing, but everyday stuff is calling me.

Hope you find that precious time that you need to finish your rewrite. Then you can start something new.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Robin said...

I think I missed an earlier blog indicating rewriting was necessary. Wow. That's a big project. In the case of a rewrite, quality over quantity would be the goal. I know you can do it!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Well done, always hard to face, the editing. I am in the middle of this too, full of hope and despair.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Awesome progress Karen!!! Keep on a truckin' :)

Jennifer Chandler said...

3500 words IS a WONDERFUL start, especially with all you've been having to deal with. I read your previous post as well. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend and the added burden of throwing your back out. I certainly hope you're feeling better soon. I can't imagine such a responsibility but your friend wouldn't have asked if they didn't trust you. You'll do just fine. Here's to smoother sailing...at least for a couple of weeks :D

Jen

LD Masterson said...

3500 words is a great start. Stay with it.

Your friend trusted you to do what she'd want. Have faith in her trust.

Patricia Stoltey said...

3500 words is good! I'm in the wrap-up stage of my new novel's first draft, but my word count is shy of my goal. And that means I need to find the spots with basic narrative and turn them into riveting action and dialogue.

I hope.

Suzanne Furness said...

Well done, that sounds like good progress to me. Take care, Karen.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Congratulations! 3500 words is nothing to sneeze at, and it's about... oh, I dunno... 3500 more words than I've written. (I THINK a great book... HA!)

On another note, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. It's good of you to take care of her estate for her. She must have loved you very much.

Nas said...

All the best! That's great progress!