Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday Musings: clean bill of health

I saw my cardiologist Tuesday for my 3-month check up after the ablation procedure. I don't have to see him for a year. He took me off all the meds, including the blood thinner. I am so happy. The only thing is, I am still having heart fluctuations periodically. He said he wants to know if my pulse is regular during those episodes, so now I'm monitoring that, trying not to be nervous about it. The report inspired me to get moving again. Still hard to make myself do it, but I am doing it nevertheless.

Feeling the need for a retreat. A writing retreat. No distractions. Not sure I can make it happen, but I'm going to try. Need to get this re-write going with some renewed energy.

Tomorrow is our 19th wedding anniversary. Never thought I'd find a partner where I feel so loved and nurtured and cared for. I am counting my blessings for the life I have.

In the meantime, what's going on in your world?
Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

That's wonderful news! So happy for you.

Hope you're able to get away for a writing retreat. :)

Happy anniversary!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Happy anniversary.

That's great news you don't need to see him again for a year and you're off the meds.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Awesome! That's great news on your health.
Happy anniversary and enjoy tomorrow.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, guys. You're wonderful.

Julie Flanders said...

So happy for you - what wonderful news. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. After news like this this one must feel even more special. :)

DL Hammons said...

Awesome news...and Congratulations! That's worth two smiles! :)

Ann Best said...

You ARE truly blessed. So glad to hear the health results. We all IMO deal with some degree of stress. Maybe ... ? Hope you can get the space you need for the writing/editing. Peace. Relaxation. Blessings be with you.

nashvillecats2 said...

I am so happy for you, take care and good luck Karen.

Arlee Bird said...

Happy anniversary! I'm still on coumadin and still have to go in for regular blood tests. A hassle that I've gotten used to.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out