Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Musings: Happy Spring

I came down with a virus last Friday and have been in bed since, so this will be short and sweet. Happy Spring. New beginnings. Everything is blooming here in New Mexico. It's beautiful. I should be hearing from my editor soon with his comments on my re-write. I'm anxiously waiting.
What's new in your world?
Blessings,
karen

13 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Oh no! Hope you're better soon. There's been a lot of viruses making the rounds here, too. Hope you hear back from your editor soon.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Drink plenty of liquids and get better.

I miss the blooming cactus from ABQ. I don't miss the dust storms that will hit soon though. I used to come home with a tumbleweed under my car every day during the spring.

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, hope you're feeling better soon. It's no fun being sick, but when spring begins you want to be out enjoying it. Things are beginning to bud out here, but we can't get out and enjoy them for all the rain we're having. Good news from your editor soon I'm sure. :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - good advice from the commenting ladies: rest up, drink lots of water, exercise getting rid of it .. and relax .. but don't hurry back. Take care and good luck with the editor's reply .. cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Elizabeth, stay healthy, it's not fun!
Yes, Diane, the tumbleweeds are tumbling
Mason, thank, you
Hilary, thanks so much

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope you kick that virus' butt soon!

Karen Walker said...

Much better today, Alex, thanks.

DL Hammons said...

Hope your back on your feet soon! Grab some of that vitamin D...that should help. :)

Arlee Bird said...

Yep, as I was saying on Friday there must be something in the air. I have talked to so many people who got sick last week. It's really kind of weird.

Get better soon!

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Wrote By Rote

L.G. Smith said...

Happy Spring! Sorry you're greeting it with a virus, but you'll be on your feet again soon. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

We still have snow, but it's melting!!! Today was way back down to -20, but it's generally gotten warmer too. Love the sun we're seeing. Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Julie Flanders said...

So sorry you're starting off spring with a virus, I hope you feel much better soon. Take care, Karen.

Caryn Caldwell said...

Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear you were/are sick! That's no fun! That said, I do love spring in the desert; I'm glad you're enjoying yours so much!