Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Musings: here's how you know you're stressed

It's 6:25 am on Monday morning and I just logged on to check comments on my post for this morning and voila! I thought I'd written and posted one to be scheduled and I hadn't. Oy!
So, here's the scoop. I'm meeting with my editor today to get feedback on my part III re-write. I know I can handle whatever changes he suggests, it's just that I've been working on this book since September 2009 and want to be done done done. But I can't be done done done till it's done done done the way it needs to be. Sooooo, I'll let you all know tomorrow in Telling the Truth Tuesday what happens today. Till then....

Blessings
Karen

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You can handle it! I bet you nailed it the second time.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Thank goddess for that final perceptive reader. Part three already was good. You listened. You responded. Now it will be GREAT. Enjoy your break.

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, you can definitely handle whatever it is. Sending positive thoughts and energy your way.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Karen--I'll look forward to hearing tomorrow how it went today! Excited for you! I think it's going to go really well.

Arlee Bird said...

I wish you well! In a year you'll look back and smile about this episode as you stress over new ones.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Wrote By Rote

L.G. Smith said...

It's done when it's done, but you're getting very close, I know it. :))

Misha Gericke said...

Yep. Happens to the best of us. Or it could be that blogger threw away your scheduled post. That has happened to me too.

All the best with your revisions!

Murees Dupé said...

You can handle it. You will get it done. Have a great week.

Patricia Stoltey said...

I can sure relate to this post, Karen! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are done, done, done asap.

Jemi Fraser said...

It will be done done done really well by the time it's done :)

Karen Walker said...

You guys make me laugh. I'm off to write my post about the meeting with my editor now - see ya tomorrow!