Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday Musings: polishing

I did it. I got the skeleton (well, a bit more than skeleton) of the story of Part III of my novel down last Wednesday. I've been polishing, refining, deleting, adding since then. I do think the intention I set by finishing this by 4/24 (my 66th birthday) will be accomplished. I'm staying detached about what I think of what I've written and will await my editor's comments on that score.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying friends, Sugartime, my hubby and life. Working on being in the present moment and getting silent and listening for inner wisdom. My daily ritual of prayer and journal writing is making a huge difference in the way I move through the day. I am managing to exercise 3-4 times a week -- that's good for me. I'm working towards daily, but not quite there yet.

How about you?
Blessings,
karen

15 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

Pleased you managed to get so much done Karen with your book.
Regarding exercise, do it at your own pace. Good luck.

authorcgcoppola.com said...

That's awesome, Karen! Isn't it a relief to have accomplished that? Sure you're awaiting your editor's comments but you did it, regardless.

You sound like you're focusing on the positives, which is the trick to happiness and satisfaction, I think. Keep up the positive energy!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you got the basics down for your story! And that you are exercising regularly. That's good for both body and mind.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Excited that things are going so well for you! And that you're making time for friends, too.

Karen Walker said...

Yvonne, that's what I'm trying to do. I can be so darned hard on myself.
Rcg, thanks so much for this thoughtful comment.
Alex, thanks - you are so right!
Elizabeth, keeping fingers crossed my editor is on board with my rewrite. Thanks for the support.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's wonderful you'll have it finished by your birthday.

Jemi Fraser said...

Good for you Karen! Glad you're in such a good place right now! :)

Robin said...

I've always loved the idea of journaling, but never been good at the practice of it.

Your success with it makes me think I should revisit the idea (again) and actually DO IT.

Chrys Fey said...

That's great! I'm so happy that you've made progress on Part 3 and that you're enjoying time with your loved ones. :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - it sounds like life is settling down ... I'm so pleased for you - and with Spring around the corner and your hubby and friends around - good luck with the book etc .. Cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Yes, Diane, I will!!
Thanks, Jemi
Robin, not every tool works for everyone - for me, it's the best.
Chrys, thank you
Hilary, hope your hip is mending nicely and you are getting out and about. Thanks for the cheers

Ann Best said...

Everything you're doing sounds GREAT.

Pearson Report said...

Dear Karen,
It sounds like you've made beautiful strides in getting in touch with the inner you. Being good to yourself and listening to your inner voice is self love at its best.

When you take thing as they come, and enjoy the present moment, you are truly blessed. Enjoy all the offerings of joy and happiness that seem to be flourishing in your life.

With hugs, Jenny xxoo

Karen Walker said...

Ann, I'll believe that when my editor tells me I nailed it!!
Jenny, thank you, sweet lady. I'm in a good zone right now

Arlee Bird said...

It's good that you're putting the time aside for the vitals of life to keep you up for the on the side things like writing. But glad the writing is coming along for you.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
A Faraway View