Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Telling the Truth Tuesday: if I bit my nails I'd have none left

Waiting to hear from an editor is one of the hardest things ever. Your mind drives you crazy with ping pong thoughts of good to bad, worthless to jewels. Oy! Must get myself to calm place of acceptance of whatever and willingness to fix what needs fixing. Yes, that's it. Calmness. Still fighting virus. More later.
Blessings
Karen

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Relax! What's the worst that could happen?

Mason Canyon said...

I'm with Alex. Just relax the hardest part is over, you finished and submitted your book. The rest will fall in place when needed. Take care.

Misha Gericke said...

Ooh I know the feeling. Rationally, you know there's no point to worrying, but you can't help doing it anyway.

Best of luck with the waiting!

Karen Walker said...

Ha, Alex, relax? me? Remember who you're talking to here. No, you're right. I'm actually doing better - virus left as mysteriously as it came. And I'm in a good place.
Mason, thanks, you are so so right. It will fall into place.
Misha, thanks

nashvillecats2 said...

Waiting is the hardest thing Karen. I do hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - patience is a virtue .. but more importantly I hope you feel better soon .. cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

It's Wednesday - virus is gone - yeah! Patience is a virtue I don't have, unfortunately, Hilary, but I'm working on it.
Yvonne, yup, thanks

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

Ooof, yes it's such a drain on your energy. I'm in the same position, so you have my sympathies.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Those nasty viruses can drag you down so you feel even more anxious about submissions that you would if strong and healthy. Hope by now you're feelings lots better!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I'm glad that virus checked out, and hope your energy level is back on the rise. I hope you heard from your editor by now, too. (All rosy feedback, of course.)

Arlee Bird said...

Hope you got over the virus. And hope you still have some nails left.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out