Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Almost there....

Hi all,
  Well, I'm not sure about not posting on a regular basis. I miss it already. We'll just have to see. I'll be traveling a lot this month anyway, this is fine for now.
Just wanted everyone to know my query letter is done. My synopsis is done. I have a list of potential publishers to query. Now I just need to format my manuscript correctly. Had to download Microsoft Office for Mac and now I have to figure it out. But then, next week, I will send it out into the world. Wish me luck!

How are all of you?
Please fill me in a bit in the comments.
Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Send it out there and see what happens!

Julie Flanders said...

How exciting! Good luck!! And happy traveling. :)

Suzanne Furness said...

Best of luck with your submissions and enjoy your travelling.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I go through that all the time, thinking I'm going to cut back on blogging, missing it and going back to whatever I was doing before, maybe with a few minor changes. I enjoy blogging and I'd miss it if I cut back significantly. I really like the look of your new site, Karen! It's light and clear and easy to look at!

Robin said...

Good luck, Karen, but it sounds like you don't need (as you have it all under control). Happy trails...:)

Karen Walker said...

Alex, that's the plan. Thanks
Julie, thanks, we're going to Glacier National Park - I'm excited.
Suzanne, thanks so much
Karen, thanks for noticing the new look.
Robin, I think we all need any luck we can get - thanks.

Arlee Bird said...

I wish you well with all the formatting and querying and such. Have safe and pleasant travels. Maybe we'll pass on the roadways somewhere. We leave on Saturday.


Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Road trippin' with A to Z
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Lee, safe travels to you, too. Would love to meet up on the road.

Bish Denham said...

As you know, I've gone through a similar "crisis" regarding blogging. But I've got it figured out, at least for now, and feel refreshed and energized.

Enjoy your travels, good luck with your submissions and NEVER feel pressured to blog. You should do it because you want to.

Bish Denham said...

PS: I like the simple clean look of your blog.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Bish

Jack said...

That is exciting. I'm hoping the best for you