Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday musings

just home from vacation. Spent two days in st. Augustine Florida and got my ocean fix. Then universal studios and Harry Potter  then off to disneyworld. So glad to be home. I have one month before next trip. Oh, the joys of being retired!
Hope all is well with everyone in

More later...

8 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

We did the Disney thing two years ago and want to go back to Universal next year. Good to hear you had a great trip and are home safe.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're home!

L.G. Smith said...

I have more fun there than I should admit. Harry Potter World is fantastic. :))

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi Karen, lucky you. You went to all the places I want to visit.

Karen Walker said...

Diane, I bet you loved the roller coasters at Universal!
Thanks, Alex, me, too
L.G., It's amazing how they actually created the Harry Potter world and you really feel like you are in it.
Rachna, if you like intense heat and huge crowds and lots of noise and screaming children, go ahead and book your trip!

Robin said...

Lots of variety in your trip. I find the ocean relaxing and Disney exhausting. So, you got a little bit of everything this go-round.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I could sure use an ocean fix. It's been a long time since we've gone to California and hung out on the beach.

Arlee Bird said...

Nice to be home, good to get away. I agree that it's nice to be retired, especially when health is still good enough to enjoy it all.

I'll be heading out in a few weeks.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out