Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Home again - ahhhhh!!

Feels like I've been gone so long, but it's only been two weeks. I haven't had a chance to sort through photos from Glacier and Portland, OR, but here are a few. All I can say about the trip right now is that I can't remember a time when I was more relaxed. Being in exquisite natural surroundings - just can't beat it. Except for the grizzly bear encounter we missed by about two minutes - ha, is that a teaser or what?
Blessings,
Karen




10 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Beautiful photos, Karen. So glad you had a wonderful time and a safe trip home. You were missed. Can't wait to see more photos and find out more about that grizzly bear.

Karen Walker said...

Hi Mason, thanks - I'll post something soon, promise!

Sharon Lippincott said...

Magnificent photos. Thirty years ago we drove through Glacier in about half a day as we were moving east from the state of Washington. I've been wanting to go back ever since. My dream is to hang out in the lodge there for a few weeks and write. Glad you found it so relaxing. If only we could bottle that essence ...

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Sharon, you're so right. My body felt weightless like it does in water. Trying to hold on to some of that now that I'm home.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

It's wonderful to have a refreshing trip away.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome back!
Amazing photos. And glad you missed the grizzly.

Karen Walker said...

Yes, Karen, relaxing vacations don't always happen.
Alex, me, too, re grizzly

Arlee Bird said...

Nice photos. It always feels good for me to get home so I can imagine how you're feeling. I've been gone a month now and still have a month to go.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Happy trails, Lee

Julie Flanders said...

Wow what stunning pics! It was great to read how relaxed you felt, can't beat that. So glad you had such a good time.