Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Insecure Writer's Support Group - July

I'm leaving today for a trip I've been looking forward to for months. Going to visit dear friends in Portland, Oregon, then on to Glacier National Park (never been and can't wait). Which is why I'm posting today for IWSG. I will try to respond to comments and visit the rest of you, but I can't promise that will happen. I need this break from normal, everyday life, including writing and blogging. I really pushed myself to get my editing done and query packages out prior to leaving for this trip and I met that goal.

Am I feeling insecure? It's a complicated answer. I think because of who I am intrinsically, my "normal" is insecure. But when I connect with Spirit, I remember I am a child of God and I remember all the work I've done to heal emotional wounds and I remember who I really am, not who I learned to believe I was. So in some moments, when I forget these things, I'm very insecure about the book. In the moments when I remember the Truth, I am secure in the knowledge that I wrote a book that came to me through Spirit, or God, or Goddess, that I did the best I could with it with a lot of help from good editors, and now I have let it fly into the universe to find a home. Whatever happens is out of my control.

Be well and take good care while I am gone. See you mid-July.

Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Just keep that peace and enjoy your trip.

cleemckenzie said...

Glacier is lovely. Enjoy.

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, relax and enjoy your trip. Sounds like it will be lots of fun.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You are indeed a child of God!
Have an awesome trip.

M Pax said...

Congrats on meeting your goals! and have a great trip!

Diane Burton said...

Enjoy your trip. I've never been to the Northwest. Always wanted to.

Diane IWSG #99

Feather Stone said...

Have a lovely and safe holiday. I wish I could go with you. Blessings

Robin said...

I love your attitude. When I remember I'm a child of God... all is well. Amen. I think it's when we forget that we run amok.

Enjoy your holiday!!!

Loni Townsend said...

Have a great break, and return recharged!

Julie Flanders said...

Oh how exciting. I hope you have an amazing trip.
And your attitude is so inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Wallace said...

What a wonderful attitude!
Have a great trip!
Writer In Transit

Vanessa Morgan said...

I think it's normal to feel insecure about your book at times. Don't give up. Better is always possible.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on meeting your goals! I think, if we're honest, we all feel insecure at least sometimes. The goal is to still get what's important to you done. I hope you have an amazing trip.

Misha Gericke said...

I hope you're having a great time. See you when you're back. :-)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I hope you are going to post lots of photos when you get back. Have a smashing time!