Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, August 31, 2015

Dr. Wayne Dyer

I am filled with sadness at the passing from this world of Dr. Wayne Dyer. He was one of the most influential teachers in my journey towards healing, which I began in 1978. His own story, the power of his words, his wisdom, and the way he shares his teachings, all had a profound impact on me and my life. His family says he was looking forward to this next adventure in the world of Spirit, but his spirit will surely be missed in our world.

Blessings,
karen

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So sorry to hear that. I'm sure he helped many in his lifetime.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I didn't realize he'd died. He really did a marvelous work in his lifetime.

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a wonderful man who lived a powerful life!

Karen Walker said...

Alex, yes, he wrote so many books and was a great motivational speaker.
Karen, I just found out late last night on the internet.
Jemi, he was.

Murees Dupé said...

Sorry to hear that, Karen. Wishing you the best during this difficult time.

Karen Walker said...

Just to be clear, this isn't someone I knew personally. He's just someone whose words of wisdom meant a great deal to me.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - Wayne Dyer certainly had the right words and expressed his ideas clearly - and you obviously realised that and then learnt from him.

Sadly it's the one thing that happens to us all ... some early, some later in life - he at least had time to write and now we have his books ...

All the best to you ... Hilary

Sharon Lippincott said...

Amen to that Karen. I remember his first book, YOUR ERRONEOUS ZONES. I first say it on my mother's coffee table during a party she and Daddy threw, around 1978, as you say. I nearly choked on my punch when I saw it. MY Mother letting people see that SHE was reading a book like THAT? No way!

Then I looked again at the cover and blushed at my personal perception filters. I'd seen YOUR EROGENOUS ZONES.

As time has gone by, I'm equally amazed that Mother would admit interest in erroneous zones, because as far as anyone in the family knew, she was unaware she had any of those. I can say that today with a fond smile. She's been gone fifteen years.

PK HREZO said...

I did not realize he had passed. His wisdom has been a bright light in my world from in my 20s as well. His Everyday Wisdom book is one that stays on my desk and I open at random daily. RIP Dr Wayne!