Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, September 10, 2015

It's ready - it's ready!!

Finally, almost six years to the day since the mysterious voice came to me in Scotland and then again in Ireland, here is the cover for the story She asked me to tell. I am beyond words at this point. I am so grateful to Mark David Gerson for his design creativity (and editing genius) and Kathleen Messmer's brilliant photographic skills.

The book will debut some time in October. I'm shooting for an October 31 release date, but I'm hoping pre-ordering will be possible before then.

Without further ado,


26 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

It's a very spooky, atmospheric cover :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is an amazing cover!! Will definitely do a shout-out for you when it's out.

Arlee Bird said...

This is great. That really went fast! The cover is enthralling.

Congratulations!

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - that's brilliant - so well done on getting it to this point - and the 31st October is a great date to aim for ... fantastic to see here .. cheers Hilary

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

AAAAAAAH! Congratulations! It's a gorgeous cover, and I'm sure the insides are just as terrific. I'll be looking forward to reading it. :)

Karen Walker said...

Annalisa, spooky? ooh, goody.
Alex, you rock, thank you from the bottom of my heart
Lee, fast? you call six years fast? Enthralling - thanks
Hilary, yeah, I love Halloween - thank you!
Susan, oh, thank you so much - I hope they are!

Murees Dupé said...

Congratulations! I love your cover! It is dark in feeling, which I love. Let me know if you need help with your release. Happy Dance;)

Arlee Bird said...

It's been six years?!! I guess time is just flying. It all seemed fast.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Murees, I sure will, thanks
Lee, yup - six years - time is flying - it's kinda scary

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

That looks fantastic!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Love the cover, Karen! So excited for you!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Paul and Elizabeth. Is it possible to feel joy and fear at the same time?

Stephanie Faris said...

Pretty cover. I love it!

L.G. Smith said...

Beautiful and mysterious. Wishing you all the luck with this!

Karen Walker said...

Stephanie, so glad you like it.
Thanks, L.G., can't wait to see yours

Karen Jones Gowen said...

LOVE the cover, Karen!!! That alone makes me want to ready the book!

Karen Walker said...

Oh, good, Karen, that makes me so happy - isn't that what a cover is supposed to do?

Mark David Gerson said...

Honored to have been part of your journey, almost since the beginning!

Mason Canyon said...

WOW, love the cover Karen. It draws you quickly and makes you wonder what's inside. So looking forward to the release.

Manzanita said...

It's been a fabulous journey for you. The cover
gave me a shiver of the mysterious. Congratulations.

Karen Walker said...

Mark David, what do you mean "almost?" I saw you as soon as I came home from that trip and we started talking about that "voice." Without you, no book -- pure and simple.
Mason, oh, that makes me happy - thank you.
Manzanita, shivers are good - so glad the cover seems to be doing what it is meant to do.

Suzanne Furness said...

Congratulations that is a great cover. Wishing you all the best for the upcoming release.

Bish Denham said...

Wow! Congratulations, Karen. Let me know if you want a little help promoting. I'd be happy to share your cover and book/author blurb on my blog.

Karen Walker said...

OH, Bish, thanks so much. I will.

Pearson Report said...

Congratulations Karen - I'm sending you vibes of great success, surrounded by deep inner peace.
I look forward to ordering a copy. Let me know what I can do to help get the word out there.

With hugs and smiles, Jenny xo

Julie Flanders said...

Oh wow, that cover is spectacular!! Congratulations!! So happy for you. :)