Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, September 14, 2015

The hardest blog post I've ever written

Asking for help. I don't know why it's so hard for me, but it is. My debut novel, The Wishing Steps will launch officially October 31. Several of you have offered to help me promote it when I posted the cover a few days ago. I appreciate that so much. I'm officially asking here in this post for you to email me at: kandgwalker@comcast.net with your emails so I can send the appropriate images and links when they're ready.

I would also be happy to write guest posts for anyone interested in that. Topic can be flexible - we can talk about that.

Okay, now I'm officially anxious. This made everything so damned real.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your willingness to support me in this journey of getting this book out into the world.

Blessings,
Karen

27 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Be glad to help, Karen! Want to do a guest post on November 2?

Karen Walker said...

Oh, yes, Alex, thanks. I'll email you.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - it's good to ask, and I'm sure bloggers will respond. I don't do guest posts (the exception being Stephen Tremp .. historically linked - both years ago, and history) so I'm rooting for you. Also I'll be away then - so doing things would be nigh impossible.

Take care and your book will make a good journey .. cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Hilary, no problem, dear lady.

Bish Denham said...

Count me in. I'll be happy to help!

S.K. Anthony said...

I'd love to help! I'll email you :)

Robin said...

Happy to help. I'll send you an email!

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the launch date, Karen. Always happy to help.

Karen Walker said...

This community rocks!

Murees Dupé said...

Congratulations, Karen. I felt the exact way a few weeks ago. Take a deep breath and enjoy every moment. I will pop you an email:)

Stephanie Faris said...

Helping each other is what this community is all about! I'm emailing you now.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I can announce its release for you.

Karen Walker said...

Mures, Stephanie, Diane, thank you so so much - I'll be in touch

Jemi Fraser said...

I'd love to help, Karen! Would you like to visit the blog and do a guest post?

Karen Walker said...

Yes, Jemi, I would.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Karen, I'd love to have you as a guest on my blog!

Karen Walker said...

oh, Karen, thanks so much. Let's talk

Arlee Bird said...

Count me in. You'll be hearing from me.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Nicola said...

Let's bring 'The Wishing Steps' over the pond to Europe! Count me in!! The cover is absolutely fantastic Karen. Keep the faith and control the nerves so that you allow yourself to enjoy your journey. You do realise that you may have to do this all over again, don't you? :) Have a great week!!!

Karen Walker said...

I am blown away by the support in this community. Lee, Nicola, thank you from the bottom of my heart

Melissa Sugar said...

Congratulations on the release of your debut novel. You should be very proud and you belong to an amazing group here and you shouldn't feel awkward about asking for help. Everyone has either been in your place or like me, hope to be soon. I would be honored to help and I will send you an email after this comment. Nerves and anxiety are normal. You've reached a major milestone in your career and now it is time to enjoy the benefits of all your hard work and perseverance. Way to go!!! You are an inspiration for all of us.

Karen Walker said...

Melissa, thanks so much for these kind and helpful words and for your offer to help.

Brandon Ax said...

Would be glad to help. I get asking is hard, but that is what we are all here for. I'll send an e-mail your way.

diedre Knight said...

I'm in! and I'll be in touch :-)

Karen Walker said...

Thanks so much Brandon and Diedre

Madilyn Quinn said...

I've never done a guest post before, but I could post some tweets or something? I'd love to help, but unsure of how!

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Madilyn, thank you so much. If you could tweet, that would be great since I'm not on Twitter myself. Thank you.