Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, September 28, 2015

With gratitude to my blogging buddies

It's almost October. Which means it's almost time for the launch of my debut novel, The Wishing Steps. I wanted to take a moment here today to thank my blogging friends who have agreed to have me guest post and/or post a notice themselves about my new book. This is an awesome community of men and women who are thoughtful, caring and extremely supportive of one another. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your willingness to help spread the word.

On each day that I am guest posting, I will post here where I'll be. In the meantime, here is the cover.
You guys rock. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

Blessings
Karen


32 comments:

Manzanita said...

Karen
Such exciting times ahead for you. You
deserve all the best awards.

Karen Walker said...

Oh, you're so sweet, Manzanita. Thanks. So do you!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wow, the whole cover and back turned out really great!

S.K. Anthony said...

So exciting! The cover looks fantastic! :)

Bish Denham said...

I love the premise, love the cover! And I LOVE the story of how the story came to you! (You followers will have to wait to find out.)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - so well done .. and I love that new photo ... while I think the title will be very appropriate to your book ... The Wishing Steps - seems right.

Cheers Hilary

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Karen, the wraparound is so professional. You should be proud of it.

Robert Bennett said...

Awesome! I'll have to keep my ear to the ground for it's release.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, thanks, I'm really tickled with it.
SK, thanks, people are saying it's intriguing - so happy!
Bish, thanks - yes, they will
Hilary, this wonderful photographer, Kathleen Messmer, took the pic - she's great!
Diane, coming from you,this means a lot - thanks - I am very proud.
Robert, thank you so much - it's release is 10/31

Robin said...

I'm so glad that so many blogging friends reached out a helping hand. I think most people here truly want to help their friends succeed.

I love your cover. It looks amazing!!!

Karen Walker said...

I do think blogging friends want to see their friends succeed. It's an incredible community. Thanks, Robin.

Murees Dupé said...

Your book looks amazing! Congrats. Definitely exciting times as your release date is getting closer. You are an amazing woman and helping you out is a pleasure.

Karen Walker said...

Just call me Grandma Moses, Murees

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, an awesome cover for a wonderful book. So looking forward to being a part of your tour.

Nicola said...

There is nothing like the community of writers and writing bloggers. Personally, I don't know what I would do without all my new 'family'. So supportive and lovely.

I am really looking forward to introducing you and The Wishing Steps to my home bloggers in the UK and Europe mid October, Karen.

Have a fabulous week!!

Karen Walker said...

Mason, so glad you like the cover and thank you thank you thank you
Nicola, you are so right. I couldn't do any of this without this community. I'm looking forward to "meeting" your home bloggers as well.

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

Happy to help!

Jack said...

I am so excited for you and I can't wait for a chance to read your book

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Paul
Ooh, thanks, Jack

Stephanie Faris said...

Happy to help. I think you guys have the right idea--do a month of guest posts, one a day, rather than being everywhere every day. I may try that the next time I have a book out!

Karen Walker said...

Stephanie, ha, the idea was so I don't overwhelm myself and everyone else - but I think you may be right -

Jacqueline Howett said...

Wishing you the very best on your launch. intriguing cover. :)

Karen Walker said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Jacqueline - and glad you like the cover.

Arlee Bird said...

As a community we should support each other. I'm happy to do so and pleased when I've gotten support. We've got some wonderful bloggers among us.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

We sure do, Lee

Suzanne Furness said...

I wish you every success, Karen. The cover looks fantastic and I look forward to reading more during your blog tours. You're so right, this community of bloggers is so supportive.

Misha Gericke said...

Congrats! I'm sorry I missed the call for blog tour stops. (If you still want to stop by, you're welcome.)

Karen Walker said...

Thanks so much, Suzanne.
Misha, that's all right - your plate is so full. If you want to post something on launch day, that would be great. Thanks

Jemi Fraser said...

LOVE the cover!!

Karen Walker said...

So glad, Jemi.

Carol Kilgore said...

Congratulations, Karen! Best wishes for a huge success with your novel. It sounds awesome.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks so much, Carol