Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween and my book signing



Well, my blog tour is just about over. I have one more stop in November. On Saturday, which was supposed to be the official launch date, I am having a book signing at a local metaphysical bookstore, Blue Eagle Metaphysical Emporium. 

It is fitting that I do this on that day, as Halloween is the Wiccan sabbath, Samhain, a day when the veil between the human world and the Spirit world is the thinnest. It is similar to All Saints Eve in that respect.


My story is about connecting to the Divine or God or whatever you choose to call the energy or intelligence that makes the universe work. 

I want to thank the following blog buddies (in no particular order) for their willingness to help spread the word leading up to this day:

Nicola
SK Anthony
Arlee Bird
Brandon Ax
Alex Cavanaugh
Diane Wolfe
Bish Denham (that's where I'll be in November)
Mason at Thoughts in Progress
Tracy
Murees
Stephanie Faris
Jemi Fraser
Karen Jones Gowen
Paul Anthony Short
Robin
Jessica Bell

This blogging community is truly a gift in my life and I am grateful to all of you for your support, encouragement, and kindness.

If you're interested in The Wishing Steps, here's the scoop:

Three Women and a Single Story That Unites Them Across the Millennia

“Totally engrossing. A must-read for today’s wise woman!”Rev. Kathleen McKern Verigin, minister/priestess

Brighid, Ashleen and Megan: Bound through time by a curious light, a mysterious voice and a call they dare not ignore. Yet in obeying this strange force, the women must face soul-searing trials that call into question everything they know and believe — about themselves and about the world around them.

“Guaranteed to inspire you to a deeper level of spirituality and a new appreciation for Goddess.”Rev. Clara Z. Alexander

Check out my new website at www.karenhelenewalker.com

You can order both the print version and ebook at Amazon.com. 
Ebook version can also be found at: Kobo, I tunes, and Barnes and Noble.


Blessings,
Karen



14 comments:

Murees Dupé said...

We don't celebrate Halloween in South Africa, but they do sell the Halloween candy here, with the scary theme and everything. Congratulations with your book signing. Sounds exciting. Almost done with your blog tour! Yay! I hope it went well. It's always nice helping out:)

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Murees. It was fun visiting all these blogging friends, including you, dear lady.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Karen, sounds like the perfect place to sign your books. Enjoy it and your 'official' launch day!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Alex. And thanks for following me all over bloggydom during my tour.

Stephanie Faris said...

Sounds like a fun booksigning! And what a fun place to hold it. My stepdad went to his friend's booksigning once at a Sweet Cece's frozen yogurt shop! It was a kids' book, so I guess it was fitting. Thank you again for including me in your big tour. Can't wait for the next one!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Stephanie - you're terrific!

Misha Gericke said...

All the best with the book signing! :-)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Enjoy the signing! And congratulations to you, Karen!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks Misha and Elizabeth

Arlee Bird said...

A book signing! How exciting! I wish you well with it.

It was a pleasure to be of assistance to you on your book tour. Now to see what happens. Hopefully many will consider your book as a Christmas gift item.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Hi Lee, you're an angel. Thank you. Hmm, that would be nice - the Christmas gift idea.

Nicola said...

What a great place to be for your signing. I've actually just visited a few metaphysical shops with Megan :) The Wishing Steps is a wonderful story, Karen. I'm almost near the end but am purposely taking the last pages very slow because I don't want it to be over. Many heartfelt congratulations on writing such a lovely, warm and thoughtful story. Enjoy your book signing and have a wonderful Halloween.

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Nicola, I just woke up and read your comment. Thank you thank you thank you for these words. Now I can go to my book signing knowing at least one person I've never met read and loved my story. Many many blessings to you.

Brandon Ax said...

It was my pleasure. Glad things are going well for you, I know it can be a lot to release a book, just a few deep breaths here and there will help.