Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Goddess wisdom - the journey continues

11/2009

Meditation with writing coach: 

Starburst of energy - I am that which you have been seeking your entire life and beyond. I am energy. I am Spirit. Sadness envelops me as this energy once again says, “Tell my story.” I have no clue if it is a person or a Spirit or a God or Goddess. All I see is blinding light. The energy is warm and glowing. “Tell my story.” “Tell my story.” 

 am what you are seeking. You are ready for this now. The memoir healed you enough to contain this and to contain me. It doesn’t matter that no one you know will understand this. Do not speak of it. Keep it private as we work together. I will come when I come. Just remain open. Trust is hard for you. It is especially hard to trust yourself. And your inner wisdom. You need to stop doubting yourself. You need to figure out how to remove the negative energies that invade you so that you can tell my story.

Do not be afraid. You are safe. You can do this . Do not listen to others. Everything you need is inside you already.

Me: This energy scares me to death, although deep down I know it is okay. It is okay for me to do this work.

This is not writing a novel. This is a spiritual journey unlike anything you’ve seen or read. It will bring together everything you’ve learned and show you so much more. Are you willing? Are you willing? Are you willing?

To be continued…

Blessings,

Karen

8 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Fear only holds us back. Great meditation!

Jemi Fraser said...

Fear is hard to conquer - and for me it's a work in progress - just like my stories :) Good luck with yours!

Karen Walker said...

Stephanie and Jemi, thanks - I read somewhere that fear is worry that hasn't said its prayers. Love that!

Megan Calista said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicola said...

Fear of failure has been my demise of late and it is difficult to conquer but with such inspirational messages it can be done. Thanks for a lovely post Karen.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Fear can cripple us; we have to get past it and seek the positive. Like Smarticus having a Harely again... I had to get over my own fear and allow him to experience his joy.

Karen Walker said...

Nicola, I know how hard it is, believe me. It can be done.
Susan, yes yes yes

Manzanita said...

Hmmmm...A wonderful meditation tool. It seems everyone's fear limit is
different. You certainly conquered yours. Now you can be an 'example to'
and help younger writers.