Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, November 23, 2015

Goddess wisdom part 3

The next meditation was to see a cover. I couldn't. I saw a burst of light. I was told that the working title (The White Witch) is not the title. And these words: The title will come, as will the rest. Patience is hard for you. Be patient. Time doesn't matter. Your age doesn't matter. You will need to be selfish with your time and energy. It is okay. Those that love you will understand. Open yourself the way you are now. You don't need to know if I'm a character at this point. Don't worry.
My doubt: There are others much more versed in Goddess and Wicca than me.
Goddess: You. You. You. Are the one to do this work. Let go of what it is and what you think it needs to be. You will need to do mini-retreats to do this work. Don't shut down. Let this energy live and breathe inside you. Don't be afraid of losing people. If you do, it wasn't meant to be.
Even if things don't make sense, listen.
Me: This is the energy that entered me in Ireland in the magic forest.
Goddess: Singing is part of this journey. Not dancing. Sing from your heart. The notes don't matter. Who you are when you are singing does matter.
Watch out for jealousy from others of your energy. Only allow those who have your highest good at heart into your inner circle.
Me: Is this my Muse? Damned if I know. I'm done with this exercise.

See, I told you - kicking and screaming the entire six years. And this was only month two or three.

To be continued...

WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Six years...wow! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Manzanita said...

You are going to whiz around your kitchen on Thanksgiving Day
with all that burst of energy and only allow your dear friends
and family into your inner circle. Have a special Holiday.

Karen Walker said...

Stephanie, yeah, I know - makes me really think a lot about trying another novel - happy holidays!
Manzanita, I won't be in my own kitchen for Thanksgiving, thank goodness. Love that image, though. You have a special holiday as well.

Robin said...

When I think of how my own novel has evolved over time... I think that this is all very natural. It begins with a hint of an idea and just grows. Changes. Grows some more. It seems like we as the author are in control of the story, but sometimes when I'm writing the character jumps up and demands a rewrite. Makes me wonder who's in charge!

Karen Walker said...

I don't think we're in charge, Robin. Although we think we are.

Brandon Ax said...

Yeah I has issue when I wrote my first published book. I wanted to write another genre and yet this story kept pulling t me and was relentless in not letting go. I spent three years writing and re-writing.

Sometimes other things know what is best for us.

Arlee Bird said...

Dancing is usually not part of my personal journey. When it is I'm apparently in a very unique mood.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't think I'll be dancing or singing.
Have a great Thanksgiving, Karen!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - shows you what the magic forest in Ireland did for you .. it released you to keep writing ... Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the time - cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Brandon, absolutely!
Arlee Bird, dancing is so freeing!
Alex, but you sing right? Or do you just play the guitar?
Hilary, that magic forest changed my life!!!

Chrys Fey said...

Listen to the Goddess! :D For the first book in my unpublished series, it's been 9 years since I rewrote it. Since then it's been renovated many, many times. It has taken on a life of its own, but it's getting close to perfecyion. At least for a better submission process this time around.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Karen Walker said...

Yes yes yes - Chrys

Nicola said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Karen. I do wish we had Thanksgiving. There is nothing more worthwhile than sharing a meal with family and friends and giving thanks. I feel a dinner party coming on :) Wishing you a lovely week filled with joy.

Karen Walker said...

You too nic