Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, November 30, 2015

home from holidays

Good morning all,
Home from Thanksgiving holiday in Arizona - got snowed on at Grand Canyon - it was a bit cold for me to walk a lot, but even a few minutes looking at the canyon connects me to God in a nanosecond. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with family, friends, or just with yourself. Hubby and I were alone this time, and we had a wonderful time together.
Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Snow for Thanksgiving and at the Grand Canyon! Sounds perfect to me.

Arlee Bird said...

My wife and I also spent the weekend alone and it was divine. I did miss my home cooked meal, but not doing it saved a lot of time, trouble, and money. We ate out at Sizzler and watched movies at home every evening. It was as good as some hectic vacation and in many ways even better.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season in the weeks ahead.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Murees Dupé said...

It's good to hear that you had a great time. Have a lovely week.

Bish Denham said...

I've been to the Grand Canyon several times, but I've never seen it dressed with snow. Sounds like you had a most lovely time.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, it was magical
Lee, being with our life partners is magical too
Murres, you too dear lady
Bish, it was lovely but way too cold to be outside much

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - sounds like a good break from a hectic schedule .. and having snow unexpectedly was a fun and amusing treat - as I guess it didn't last long. A magical Thanksgiving .. cheers Hilary

Liza said...

A long time ago, an Australian who had toured Europe and the United States told me the most amazing sight of all he experienced over his six-month trip was the Grand Canyon. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Karen Walker said...

Hilary, no, the snow didn't stick for long, but it was pretty.
Liza, I'm not surprised at that - it's really one of nature's miracles.

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! We had our turkey day last month - and it was great too. Didn't realize the Grand Canyon even got snow!

Karen Walker said...

Usually it's the North rim that gets the snow, but this year it happened on the South rim, Jemi. It was beautiful,

Misha Gericke said...

Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good time. :-)