Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, November 9, 2015

I'm at Bish's blog today

Maybe this should have been the first blog stop on my tour, but it's fitting that it's the last. At Bish's blog, I'm talking about how the story came to me. Maybe it will inspire others to follow their inner guidance. Please come join us.

http://bish-randomthoughts.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

On my way!

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Well done Karen ... see you there .. cheers Hilary

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Karen! I was so intrigued with your story about how you came to write your book that I went and bought a copy of it for my computer. It may be a bit before I read it, but I will. I have a virtual stack of books to read as well as a real one. I've heard voices of characters in stories and voices pushing me to write my memoir, but nothing quite like your experience. Good luck with your book!

Patsy said...

I'm always intrigued as to how other authors come up with story ideas.

Karen Walker said...

Arlee, thanks so much for your support
Hilary, yeah!
Funny Blue, wow, thank you for that!
Patsy, me, too!

Brandon Ax said...

Hoping over now.