Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, November 2, 2015

Monday Musings: my book signing

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd share some pics from my book signing on Saturday. It was held at a local metaphysical bookstore. I am so happy the book is officially out there in the universe now. Such a major feeling of accomplishment. Here ya go:


My book team -me, Kathleen Messmer, photographer, Mark David Gerson, editor, writing coach and book designer





Blessings, Karen

16 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's really awesome! Brave of you to dress up, but it was Halloween.

Arlee Bird said...

Very clever to dress up. Looks like you had fun. But I'm puzzled that you posted this Monday post today with the Monday date on it. I've tried to do this before and wasn't able to. Must be a trick to it?

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Alex, not brave, I just felt more comfortable not being "me".
Lee, no trick - I screwed up and forgot to schedule it for tomorrow and just hit publish

Stephanie Faris said...

I love it! How fun! And it's great that your book team could be there with you. Awesome costume, by the way!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - well done .. and yes as Lee mentions good on you dressing up - how lovely to see everyone. Congratulations .. cheers Hilary

Manzanita said...

Well aren't you the beautiful, sexy witch. I love
that idea. What a happy day and all the smiling
faces. Congratulations again on another great
accomplishment.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I love these pictures and that you dressed up for the signing!

Karen Walker said...

Stephanie, it meant so much to have them there so my friends could meet the ones who helped birth the book.
Hilary, it was fun dressing up - made me less nervous somehow.
Manzanita - ha! my jaw hurt from smiling so much - thanks for the good wishes
Elizabeth, thanks - I needed a different persona that day - Halloween provided a great opportunity.

Bish Denham said...

Congratulations, Karen! I hope you had a wonderful time. You look GREAT!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Bish. I did have a good time.

Chrys Fey said...

I love your witch costume for your book signing! Congrats on a successful signing!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Chrys

Carol Kilgore said...

You look bewitching! And happy :)
Congratulations!

Sharon Lippincott said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto! The middle shot of the three of you is especially fetching. Mark David's smile is full of sunbeams, almost as dazzling as yours.

Karen Walker said...

Ha, Carol, thanks -
Sharon, yes, his radiates - thanks, dear. Are you moved yet?

Murees Dupé said...

Congratulations on your book signing. Love the costume. I hope you had lots of fun.