Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, December 25, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As 2015 draws to a close, I want to wish you all a wonderful New Year, filled with all the things you wish for yourself and your family and friends. I always do an exercise at the end of the year that helps me get my priorities straight for the coming year. It's called Lakein and it consists of three parts. You set a timer for 3-5 minutes and free-write, without thinking about it, your lifetime goals. Then you set the timer again and free-write your goals for the next three years. Then you re-set the timer and free-write your goals if you knew you had only six months to live.

With many blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Happy New Year! I need to sit down and start my Passion Planner with my goals for the year but I haven't set aside time to do that yet.

Arlee Bird said...

I like the planning idea. Maybe something like that would help straighten my priorities.

Happy New Year! I'll be traveling those days so spending a night in a motel for New Year's Eve. No big deal for me though.

Lee

DMS said...

The writing exercise you described sounds very interesting.

Thanks for the good wishes for the new year. Wishing you all the best for 2016. :)
~Jess

Misha Gericke said...

I hope you have a wonderful 2016! I think setting goals as if we have six months to live is a great idea. :-)

TBM said...

What a great way to find out what really matters.

Happy New Year.