Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

uh oh - the case of the disappearing followers

So, is blogger at it again? I've lost 20 followers in two days.
What say you, bloggers?
Blessings,
karen

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

They posted awhile back that they would be changing the system so anyone who didn't have a Google account would be dropped. I lost about that many this week as well.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Evidently! My numbers are shrinking, too. :(

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Alex and Susan. I missed that post.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I lost a much bigger chunk than that. Almost 60. I guess my earlier followers didn't have Google accounts. (Since my blog has been around 11 years.)

Karen Walker said...

Yikes, Diane. That's a huge shift

Suzanne Furness said...

Yes lost ten this week, I hadn't seen the post about it either.

Nicola said...

Oh no! Poor Diane too. If I lost 60 followers I would be on -11 :) Hope you are keeping well, Karen. Have a lovely rest of the week.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - Roland mentioned it yesterday - at that stage I'd lost another two, but overnight I see I've lost another 20+ ... c'est la vie I guess ...

Cheers Hilary

Mason Canyon said...

I lost about 18 overnight and wondered what was going on. But then Blogger has been giving me a hard time when I try to post putting in different colored backgrounds and extra spacing. Sometimes I think it's time to change to WordPress.

Karen Walker said...

Does anyone know if Blogger is deleting WordPress blogs as well or just blogs that are not on google?

Arlee Bird said...

I haven't noticed any loss, but I haven't been paying attention as much and actually I don't remember if I had more previous to today. Hard to say what Google or any internet companies are up to. Seems like they're always messing with stuff to make life more complicated. I have enough life complications to think about without having to add internet stuff to them.

Now I'm wondering--did I lose followers?

Arlee Bird
Wrote By Rote

Stephanie said...

Yeesh! That sucks. Hopefully they will find their way back and be willing to sign up again. For what it's worth, I loved Wordpress, and it was always awesome for me. I only stopped because I purchased my own domain name. I still use the Wordpress tools to build my pages.

Manzanita said...

Shrink, Shrank, Shrunk. I had a big loss, too.

Patricia Stoltey said...

There must be a social media twilight zone somewhere. I keep seeing ups and downs in my Twitter followers and can't figure it out because when I lose one, I lose a bunch.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Blogger always messes with things. :(

Julie Flanders said...

I lost a bunch and read about another blogger who lost 100 in one swoop. I didn't know Blogger had made this announcement. I can't see what purpose this serves, doesn't seem like a big deal to leave the old followers there.

Karen Walker said...

It's just ridiculous!

Tabitha Bird said...

Don't you love it when they change things? How do you know if you have a Google account anyway?

Karen Walker said...

Tabitha, I have no idea - but it might have something to do with connecting with Friends on Google.

Murees Dupé said...

I simply thought that it was because of my bad blogging that I lost, or stopped gaining followers. Have a great week.